Chapter 34: Souls (Gabe)

I looked down at my chest. The pain of my sisters hand brushing my still beating heart immobilized me. I felt her fingernail clip my right lung, causing me to breathe in sharply. As she began to withdraw her hand I slumped forward. In her tiny pale hand she held two crystals. One of them clear, and the other a rosy pink. My heart raced as the energy drained from my body.

"What the hell are you doing Lilith!" Cameron yelled from across the table.

"Taking what does not belong to him," the deep voices of dozens of necromancers erupted from Lilith's mouth.

"Fuck," I moaned. "That hurt."

"Here," The voices said to Cam, she held her hand out to him. In the palm of her hand was the pink crystal.

Cam eyes it suspiciously before grabbing it. A mysterious and sudden wind rustles his blond hair as the crystal connects with his skin. The irises of his eyes flash pink.

Lilith takes the other crystal and crushes it in her palm. A white smoke drifts up from the shattered rock. My sister breathes in deeply, inhaling the vapor. A sigh escaped her lips, and a satisfied smile forms on her mouth.

"I feel...alive," Cam breathes.

"You should, that is the last fragment of your soul. The one we could not find all those years ago when we brought you back." The creepy voices spoke in unison.

"What did you do Lilith?" I asked her.

"We took back the part of your sisters soul that you stole from her in the womb. You stole a part of your sister before she was even born Gabriel. That is what you do, you take. Even without realizing it."

"I'm sorry," I cried out in pain.

"That has always been the curse of twins. One takes, while the other gives. But not this time. We will not let you slowly kill your sister, like what was done to us many years ago," the voices hissed.

"What do you mean slowly kill her?" I asked in complete shock.

"Although you may not kill her outright when your skin comes in contact, you strip your sister of herself piece by piece." They said without emotion.

"I'm so sorry Lil," I pleaded.

"You can hurt her no more. She is whole again." And with that my sister collapsed to the ground. Her body lays on the floor in an awkward heap.

I myself felt my vision going hazy. The drain of having the soul fragments removed pushed me over the edge as I too passed out.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I know the chapters are short but it gives me a better chance at moving the story line along. I hope you enjoyed the turn of events. Vote, comment, share, if you'd like. Much love.

-M