Chapter 36: Massacre (Gabe)

"Hello citizens," my voiced boomed, echoing throughout the park. "I hope you are having a pleasant evening, because it will be your last. I regret to inform you that you will all shortly be dead."

The park fell silent and heads turned toward me as I floated up in the air. Low clouds of fog rolled in. Taking a step higher in the air, I summoned my cloak and willed my weapon to my hand.

A lone shriek pierced the air.

"Resistance is futile." I gazed down on my victims. There were a lot of children, accompanied by parents, grandparents, and dogs. They were in various states of panic. It was time for some fun.

I waved my hand across the crowd. All at once, every child turned and looked at their parents, their eyes gleaming evilly. Then all hell broke loose.

A boy, no more than five years old, grabbed an abandoned baseball bat and swung it as hard as he could at his mother.

A twelve year old girl, with superhuman strength, ripped a pole from the monkey bars and snapped it in half, forming a wicked jagged edge. Quick as lightning, she stabbed her grandparents, then brother, in rapid succession.

Two siblings jumped on their father's back and wrestled him down, ripping chunks of flesh out of his neck with their teeth.

The air was electric with fear, so palpable I could almost taste it. I relished the power that flowed through me as more and more lives were snuffed out. The souls filled me with strength. I felt clarity like I had never felt before. It felt good.

"STOP."

A powerful voice echoed across the grass, just as loud as mine.

"I told you not to intervene, Lilith."

"I had no choice. You've forced my hand."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Another amazing one written by chAceofSpades

Let us know what you thought? Vote and comment if you'd like!

Much love -M