Chapter 35: Shock (Lilith)

When I woke up, I felt as if I was a whole new person. Like my body was submerged in the fountain of youth. I felt alive. Looking down at my out stretched hands, nothing was was different or out of place. Shooting up into a sitting position, I realized I was tucked snugly in my loft bed.

"How the hell did I get up here?" I asked myself.

Looking around my room, I saw that it was still dark outside. The only light came from the half moon outside the window by my bed. Uncovering my legs, I decided to climb down from the bed to see what damage had occurred. Before I had a chance to walk out of my room my phone began to buzz.

"Hello?" I put the sleek object to my ear, my hand shaking.

"Lilith," María whispered from the other end.

"María?" Shock filled my voice. "Is it done?"

"No...but you need to get here. Your brother-" her voice cut out.

"María!" I screamed into the phone.

"Hello Lilith, don't bother coming. It's too late. I'm not going to let you stop me from being who I am." My brother's sinisterly deep voice crackled through the receiver. And then the phone went dead.

I felt dread seep slowly into my body. My bones felt as if they were filled with lead. I couldn't believe what Gabe had done. I had no options left, I didn't have any more witches I could go to. Not in this area anyways.

"Fucking hell," I said aloud. My body was finally able to move as rage replaced the dread I was feeling. There was no more being nice with my brother, I was going to kick his ass into next month. Grabbing my keys from the top of my dresser, I made my way downstairs. Flinging open the door to the house, I ran. The car started up smoothly as I made my way to María's house downtown.

When I arrived at the small cottage style home, none of the lights were on. Carefully and quietly I snuck into the house. Using my phone as a flashlight, I swept the bright beam over every inch of the front room. I walked forward slowly, afraid of what I might find. It wasn't until I got to the kitchen that I saw anything amiss.

One small glass vase lay shattered on the floor. Tiny blue flowers on skinny green-yellow stems were mingled with the shards of glass. Wolfsbane? I eyed them suspiciously before looking up to what was on the table.

The wooden oval table was littered with glass vials and beakers. A Bunsen burner was still lit, so I decided to turn it off. While doing so I noticed the book that I had loaned María for the spell was lying open. A page had been ripped out, specifically the one that had the potion on it.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me," I hissed through bared teeth.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hope you enjoyed the chapter!! Let me know your thoughts on the plot?? Vote and comment if you'd like! Much love.

-M