Chapter 41: Beginnings (Lilith)

*A year later* 

My brother and I stood outside of Tekonsha's Junior/Senior high school. The soft summer breeze drifted through our hair as we both took in a shaky breath. I was surprised that both of us had made it to our senior year, incident free. Looking down at Gabe's hands I saw that the gloves clung tightly to his skin. 

"Are you ready brother?" I asked him.

"Ready to start school? Hell no. But I am ready to see her." Gabe smiled as Alex entered his line of sight. He rushed off to meet her while I lingered behind. 

Pulling my class schedule out of my pocket, I read over my instructors names. Mr. Sanchez was my first teacher for physics. After shoving the paper back into my pants pocket I made my way inside. When I walked into the small classroom with long black lab tables, it was still empty. Deciding to sit in the back, I dropped my messenger bag onto the floor and plopped down into the seat.

Kids began to file into the room slowly, chatting as they went. Suddenly a girl slid into the seat next to me. I hid behind my hair while she sat staring at me. The girl had oddly vibrant purple hair. 

"Hi, I'm Lucinda." She said to me. 

"I am Lilith Asta," I said shifting my hair slightly. 

"It is nice to meet you Lilith. You have lovely hair." 

I smiled at her before hiding behind me hair again. And that's when I noticed the tattoo on her arm. Holy hell, I was in the presence of a Druid Witch. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that the last chapter was so short, but this felt like the appropriate place to end things. Let me know what you thought. Much love -M