Chapter 39: Rain (Lilith)

My body slowly drifted to the ground, my vision going back to normal. Gabe sat on the bloody cobblestones, his head in his hands. Rain poured down from the sky, causing the red to flow through every crack in the streets around us. It was as if the Earth was weeping from all the death that had just occurred. My heart hurt from all the pain that was caused today. Moments later a large black pickup truck parked on the opposite side of the street. 

"Elan," I called out, suddenly filled with joy. The leader of our council had appeared to help! 

"Ah my dear Lilith, you have done well today. Get your brother home. Let us clean up this mess." He spoke to me in a low tone. The hint of a smile appeared on his lips as he squeezed my shoulder. 

"Thank you, it is an honor to have your assistance." I said before walking over to Gabe. 

My brother still sat oblivious to his surroundings. Tears flowed freely from his eyes as he sobbed uncontrollably. I knelt down and put an arm around his shoulders. I helped my brother up onto his shaky legs, before we both stumbled towards the car. 

"I'm sorry..." Gabe choked out. He repeated it over and over again.

"I know Gabe, it wasn't your fault. I should have kept an eye on you. I should have noticed the signs, noticed that you were loosing control." This was as much my fault, as it was his. He was my twin, my other half, my....responsibility. "Let's just go home, okay?"

Gabe sat numbly in the seat as I buckled him up. After I was done I walked over to the drivers side and got in. The rain continued to pour down as I headed back to the house. Once we were there I got my brother out, putting my arm back around him. I opened the door to the house and called out to Cam.

"Cameron?" I yelled out again. There was no response. Shrugging my shoulders, I brought Gabe into the bathroom and started the shower. "Get in, you're covered in blood." 

"I'm sorry," was all that my brother said to me. I shook my head at him, squeezing his hand.

"Stop saying you're sorry. Just clean yourself up Gabriel." 

Walking out of the bathroom, I decided to change my clothes. They were soaked thoroughly, causing me to feel chilled to the bone. When I walked into my room I saw a note on my dresser. 

Dear Lilith, now that I have my life back, I've decided to live it. Take care of Gabe, tell him I'm sorry for the pain I've caused. I don't know when I'll be back. And take care of yourself since I can't. I love you. -C 

I felt tears fill my eyes, they spilled over onto my cheeks. Today was a good day for rain.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again my lovelies! Two posts in one day, yayyyyyy!!!!!! 

Q. How do you feel about the friendzone?

Leave a comment and vote if you enjoyed. Much love.

-M