32

Josh's POV

As a doctor, I usually tell my patients that smoking is bad. What a fucking hypocrite I am. I'm stood outside, smoking in the cold fucking weather. Again, what a fucking hypocrite.

I don't smoke that often: only when I'm stressed/annoyed/upset. When I do though, I chain smoke. Drag after drag. Cigarette after cigarette. It's like I can't stop. I do eventually stop - either when all the cigarettes are gone or when I've only got a couple left and/or when someone - like Simon, or Tobi - stops me. 

. . .

Why am I smoking? Well, I'm stressed out. My girlfriend, Freya, keeps getting annoyed at me for not spending time with her. She can't seem to understand that I have a job, and so therefore I have to work. We do spend time together. Very little time, but it's surely better than nothing? I even told her when we first got together, not to be surprised if we have moments of hardly seeing each other due to my job. She said she was okay with that, and that she understands. So, what happened?

. . .

"Josh! What the fuck man!" The familiar shouting of Tobi rings through my ears. "What?" I question. Without saying anything, he snatches the lit cigarette from in between my fingers and throws it away. He then - still without saying anything - grabs the box of cigarette that's in my jacket pocket and throws it into the nearby bin. "Stop it." He simply says. His tone, harsh. "Can't help it man." I sigh. "What's wrong?" He asks. "It's Freya..." I sigh in defeat. "What's happened?" Tobi asks. "She's pretty upset with me," I mutter. "Why?" He asks. "Because I'm always busy here. I'm always busy at work. We never see each other really. It sucks." I explain. "But you told h-" "I know I told her. But, she's not okay with it anymore Tobi." I cut him off. "Have you tried talking to her?" He asks. "Kinda. Yeah." I nod. "What d'you mean, kinda?" He asks. "Every time I try to talk to her about it, she gets annoyed and cuts me off. We then begin arguing." I sigh. "Tell you what then," he begins. "What?" I ask. "I'll talk to her for you." He smiles. "How when you never see her?" I question. "Trust me man." He says. I sigh, "fine."

-

Short chapter, but I have slight writers block. ❁

Anyway, thanks for over 4K reads! ❁