Chapter 7

Maya POV

I woke late the next morning to the sound of someone knocking on my door, reluctantly I got up and decided to face the day and already I knew it was off to a bad start.

"Hi Skywalker."  I groaned.

"Hey kid, you ready to come with me on a little visit to see someone?"  He asked.

"Depends on who it is."  I replied.

"Well you see the Chancellor wants to meet you."  I was shocked!

"Chancellor Palpatine wants to meet me?!"

"Yep."  He nodded smirking at my reaction.

"Then let's get out of here and go see him!"

Skywalker nodded and right after we had breakfast he took me in his speeder to go and meet the Supreme Chancellor of the Galatic Senator, Chancellor Palpatine.

I was in awe of the senate building immediately, not only was it huge but it was completely furnished and very nice! However I wasn't there to see the building and I was anxious to meet the Chancellor so we hurried to his office. When we did finally get and I saw the Chancellor for the first time I admit I still couldn't believe I was doing this and I made it my mission to remember every tiny little thing I could about the Chancellor, from his silver, grey hair to his blue eyes and fair skin.

"Greetings young Skywalker, I see you got my message and...." His gaze went from Skywalker down to me and he flashed me a small smile. "You must be Anakin's new Padawan, Miss....?"

"Maya, Maya Plantshock, Sir."

"I see, well it is good to meet you Maya."

"The pleasure is all mine Chancellor."

"Now, why don't we all sit down, I want to know a little more about what is going on with the Jedi's position in the war."

"Very well Chancellor, I can give you an update."  Skywalker nodded and we sat down together.

"Good, but first, Maya why don't you tell me a little about yourself? Where are you from?"

"Tatooine."  I replied, deciding not to go into the details about my past.

"Ah, just like your Master, Anakin."  I glanced at Skywalker, I didn't know he was from Tatooine!  "So how old are you and how long have you been Anakin's padawan?"

"Well....."

The three of us talked for a good half an hour and then after that we returned to the Temple.

"What do you think of the Chancellor?"

"He seems nice and very wise.... He also seems to favour you."  I raised an eyebrow suspiciously at him.

"Well he has watched over me since I first came here."

"I see.... Still I guess it's lunch, so should we go to the mess hall?"

"Wait you actually want me to go with you?"  He asked shocked.

"No!  I just thought I'd be polite and I know you were going to come with me anyway."

"Right."  He rolled his eyes and we went to eat.

Anakin POV

Maya and I arrived at the mess hall where we both got a tray and waited in line to get our lunch. As soon as we had the food/slop placed on each of our trays we went to find a table.