Chapter 22

Maya POV

I went back with Anakin to see Alexa and it turns out my mentor had been right, she had calmed down and was currently introducing Rendal to Cora when we came over.

"Hi Alexa, I'm so sorry about-"

"No.  I'm sorry, what happened was my fault and I should have told you when instead of snapping at you."  She apologised.

"I shouldn't have been asking so many questions."  I shook my head.

"Asking questions is good, never be afraid to ask a question, ok?   I really am sorry, Maya, but why don't we learn from this and move on."

"Ok."  I nodded and we shared a hug.

"Now, Maya, this is Cora, Cora this is my friend and Anakin's padawan Maya."

"Hi!"  I smiled brightly

"Hello.... I-It's nice to meet you."  She stuttered.

It was obvious that she was nervous, but I wasn't sure if it was because of me or if she was just nervous by nature, either way I wanted to get to know her since we would probably be hanging out with her a lot due to the friendship between our masters.

"Well now that you know each other's names why don't you get acquainted."  Alexa suggested and I nodded.

"Ok."

"Good, so we'll see you later."  Alexa and Anakin walked away.

"Have fun."  Anakin gave me a mini wave and I grinned at him.

"Will do."  I then turned to Cora.  "So what do you want to do?"

"I don't know."  She shrugged quietly.

"Well.... Ok, why don't we go to the Archives and talk there?"

"Alright."  She nodded and we headed off.

Once we got to the archives we went and found a place to sit and chat.

"So how long have you been here at the Temple?"

"Since I was three."

"Wow.... So you were a youngling?"

"Yes. The Jedi discovered I was Force-sensitive then took me from my parents and brought me here where I have learned from the Jedi ever since."  She explained keeping her voice down.

"I see.... I only got here a few months ago."

"I know.... Everyone used to talk about you. Many of the younglings have idolised you."

"What?! Why?"

"Because you are Master Skywalker's padawan and you accompanied him and Master Kenobi on their mission to rescue the Chancellor."  She explained.

"Oh.... I had no idea.... But I'm really not that great."

"If you say so."

"Anyway, what do you like to do?"

"I like.... Reading and.... Stuff."  She replied, her shyness taking over again.

"I like reading too and sparring and hanging out with my friends."  I smiled.  "So I guess we're going to be hanging out a lot since I try to do things I enjoy as much as possible."

"Are you saying we're friends?"  Her face showed surprise and her eyes sparkled in happiness.

"Absolutely."  I nodded and we grinned at each other.