Chapter 3: Visiting the Senator

Anakin POV

I am now walking back to my room and I'm beginning to wonder whether or not I had done the right thing, the Council sure didn't seem to think so, but I'm not sure. I mean, I couldn't just leave her alone on that dustball planet and even if the story is fake and she is still with Dooku, we can use that to our advantage and monitor what she tells him.  We could feed her false information and she would give it to him, easy! It will no doubt help us in a lot of ways.... Or at least I think it will, but it's not me who's making the decision, it's the Council who has to agree and I don't know if they will or not.

But what if they do agree and it goes wrong? What if that girl is smarter than I think and she tells Dooku all of our moves without us knowing?! Such a failure would be my fault for suggesting this plan! Then I would be expelled, we would loose the war, the Separatists would rule the Galaxy with their evil and ruthless ways and the Jedi would be destroyed!

No! I won't let that happen!

"Hello! Anakin! Anyone in there?"

"Huh?" I shook my head, clearing it as a voice pulled me from my thoughts and I saw an orange hand being waved in front of my face!

"Hi." The hand then moved away and I realised it was Alexa who had been trying to get my attention.

For a moment I just stared at her, taking in her appearance from her tall pointed montrals down her long lekku that now reached her mid-section and then my eyes casually wandered down her long legs. She had changed quite a bit since I had first found her on the street and now she was a fully fledged Jedi Knight. Yet after all this time she still wore black, though it was a black short-sleeve t-shirt and long black pants with knee high boots.

"Are you alright?" She asked smirking, though I could see concern hidden deep within her crystal blue eyes

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Really? Because you don't seem like it."

I sighed realising that there was no way for me to get out of telling her what was going on, so I then explained the situation and its needles to say that she was surprised.

"And now they're discussing it in the chamber."  I finished.

"Wow..."  For a moment she just stared at me, as if trying to decipher whether or not I had been drinking while I was away.  "Anakin I always knew you were different, but I never expected you to help out an apprentice of a Sith."

"What can I say? You and I both know what it's like to live on Tatooine and how hard it can be."

"That's true, it's no place for a kid living on their own, but are you sure she's telling the truth?"

"I don't know. I could have sworn that she was, but...."

"You're still not sure."  She finished and I nodded.  "Only time will tell, Anakin. She will eventually show who's side she's on and when that happens we will deal with it."

"You're right."  I nodded sighing.  "I just hope that she and Padme are getting on alright."

Maya POV

I can't believe Skywalker asked Senator Amidala if I could stay with her until he figures out what to do with me!  What?  Does he think I need a babysitter or something?!

I am now sitting on the sofa and looking around, Senator Amidala has a nice apartment, I mused just as the senator came out of the kitchen.

"Would you like Anything to eat or drink Maya?"