True Colors

On the rooftops, Leo was still looking for Screwball after the fight between her and her long-lost father. He doesn't understand why would her long-lost father gets mad about training in the ways of ninjutsu and raised by the Ancient One and Ninja Tribunal.

'Oh Screwball.' he thought to himself, 'Where are you?', a few minutes later, Leo saw his girlfriend sitting on the rooftops crying, that got him really worried.

"Screwball." Leo called out and Screwball turned around and saw her true love, "Screwball, I'm glad I found you." he said as he kneel down, "Don't ever run away like that, you got me worried."

"I'm sorry, Leo." said Screwball softly, "I didn't mean to run off like that. It's just. . . Daddy and I got into a fight."

"Yeah, me and my family heard from your room." said Leo as he laid a hand on her shoulder, "Screwball, when you said 'I thought you were Mothball', what did you mean by that?"

''I can't let him know that I was crying over what happened between me and Mothball.' she thought to herself.

"Please don't lie to me, Screwball." said Leo as he took her hands in his, "I saw you crying after you ran awaywhen you discover the truth about your parents getting kidnapped."

Screwball instantly got quiet. He saw her and knew that he would be concern.

"Please Screwball." said Leo as he looked at her. "Tell me what's wrong. I want to help you."

At that exact point, the purple and white haired girl couldn't hold back. She instantly hugged the blue masked turtle and cried on his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry, Leo." she said as her voice cracked from crying, "I didn't want to worry you. It's just. . ."

Leo stayed quiet for a minute as he wait for her to answered. 'What could've happened?' he thought worriedly.

"I. . . Ran into Mothball earlier after the truth about my parents getting kidnapped." Screwball confessed as she looked down.

"What?!" Leo asked in shock and disbelief. He felt himself get a bit angry, but his it because he didn't want to upset her.

"He. . . He knew that my parents were kidnapped by his clan, and he tried to force me to join the Foot Clan." Screwball said as her tears kept running down her face. "But I said no. I told him that I was now with you. He kept begging me and forcing me to join the Foot Clan, but I rejected him. Saying that I moved on and he should too. But. . . The fact that he would try to make me to be the queen of the Foot Clan. . . After what be did to me is just. . . Selfish of him! It's like he doesn't want me to be happy."

Leo couldn't believe what he was hearing. How could Mothball even try to do something like this to her? He knows she doesn't deserve this.

He just hugged his girlfriend to cheer confort her. "It's okay, Screwball." he said soothingly. "Nothing's gonna happen to you. I promise."

After a few minutes, Screwball felt a little bit better, but still had some tears in her eyes. "I'm so sorry you had to see me like this Leo."

"It's okay Screwball." said Leo as he wiped her tears away. "Now come on. No more tears. I want to see you smiling."

Screwball let out a giggle as she smiled shyly. 'I was right.' she thought happily. 'He loves me for who I am.'

But the purple and white haired girl still felt a bit hesitant. "Leo?" she spoke out hesitantly. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course, Screwball." the blue masked turtle said as he gave her a warm smile.

"Do you. . . Love me for who I am?" Screwball asked nervously. "Not that I don't believe you, it's just. . . I don't want to end up with a broken heart."

"Of course I love you, Screwball." Leo said as he gently touched her cheek. "Unlike Mothball, I would accept you for who you are."

"So. . . You don't think that. . . I'm a little bit. . . Different?" Screwball asked hesitantly.

"I think you being different is a good thing." Leo said proudly. "Because what makes you different makes you special."

"Really?" Screwball asked happily. "You really mean that Leo?"

"Of course I do." Leo said smiling. "Because I can see your true colors."

As he said that, music began to play and the blue masked turtle began to sing.

Leo: You with the sad eyes
Don't be discouraged
Oh I realize
It's hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
And the darkness inside you
Can make you feel so small

Screwball watched her romantic partner and listened to him singing. She felt so safe and conforted when she heard him sing.

Leo: Show me a smile then
Don't be unhappy
Can't remember when
I last saw you laughing
This world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
Just
Call me up
Cause I will always be there
And I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you

Soon enough, the purple and white haired girl was smiling at her romantic partner as she began to sing with him.

Screwball: So don't be afraid

Leo and Screwball: To let them show
Your true colors
True colors
Are beautiful

Leo: I see your true colors
Shining through

Screwball; True colors

Leo: I see your true colors

Leo and Screwball: And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid
To let them show

Leo: Your true colors

Screwball: True colors

Leo and Screwball; Are beautiful

Leo; Like a rainbow

Screwball: Oh
Like a rainbow

Leo: Oh I can't remember when

Leo and Screwball: I last saw you laughing
Oh
This world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
Just call me up
Cause I will always be there
And I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you

Leo: So don't be afraid

Screwball: Don't be afraid

Leo: To let them show

Leo and Screwball: Your true colors

Screwball: True colors are beautiful

Leo: Like a rainbow

Screwball: Oh like a rainbow

When they finished singing, they stared into each other's eyes lovingly.

"I love you, Screwball Fluttershy Draconequus.." said Leo smiling. "Don't ever forget that."

"I won't." said Screwball happily. "And I love you too, Leonardo."

As they said that, Leo and Screwball leaned in and kissed. Nothing was going to break even Mothball or Discord.