Chapter 10 ✔️

Last Edited: May 31, 2019

Hope

"I should have gone in there with you." Wheeljack said for the umpteenth time. I shook my head, wincing at the pain it gave me.

Macen had managed to hit me with his belt on my arm and neck, making bloodied marks that gave pain every time I moved. But I could manage. Something Wheeljack didn't seem to understand.

It wasn't the worst of Macen's beatings.

But I still found myself shaking. I noticed the rear view mirror move ever so slightly, and when I looked up to stare at it, I was looking at myself.

"Really, Wheeljack, I'm f-fine." I whispered as I pulled my legs up to my chest, hugging them. I was more shook up by the fact that Macen had sold me.

What did those people want from me?

I sighed and stared out the window. After a few minutes, my guardian spoke. "Wheeljack to base. I need a groundbridge. Hope is staying with us." I watched as the Autobot insignia, as Miko had called it earlier that day, glowed as he spoke.

There was a crackling noise, and then Ratchet answered. "Do I need to get the medical bay ready? Why is she coming back?" I closed my eyes as he asked this. I hated the fact that I was intruding on their home.

Even though there were other humans who knew about the Autobots, they went home during the night. How was I supposed to live there, as Wheeljack wanted me to? I wasn't sure, but I did know that there was no way I was going back to Macen.

As far as I knew, the people who had bought me could be waiting.

Good thing Wheeljack had saved me. I'd already thanked him a thousand times, but I couldn't help but say it again. I guess that's how he felt about letting me go inside with Macen alone.

I didn't blame him for it though. It wasn't his fault, as he thought it was. I shuddered as I felt the warm blood around my neck, and I looked around to find something to wipe it off on. I was not getting blood all over Wheeljack's seats... as weird as that sounded.

His holoform appeared next to me and I jumped. He chuckled.

"Sorry kiddo." he smiled warmly with a hint of sadness in his eyes. "Ratchet told me to keep pressure on that." he suddenly had a rag in his hand he used to wipe my hand off with before pressing down on my neck as gently as he could. Strangely, his 'alt' mode was still driving.

"Shouldn't you keep your eyes on the road?" I asked him.

He grinned as he slowed his pace. The speedometer read twenty miles an hour. "Guess I should watch that, shouldn't I?"

I yawned and nodded. Before I knew it, sleep was pulling at me, and I closed my eyes. The warmth I felt from his presence finally beginning to ease me as I felt myself doze off.

Ratchet

"Primus, what happened to her?" I asked as Wheeljack transformed and gently placed the sleeping femme onto the examination table.