Chapter 36 ✏️

How have you been my readers? Hope you have been enjoying this book. If not, my bad. :D Anyhow, my goal for this chapter is two stars and ten reads. Just like the last one. Not too hard, right? *sarcastic chuckle* anyways, read on my nerds! (no offense intended)

                           *********************************************

Wheeljack's P.O.V

  :How did you already get a detention?: Bulkhead questioned Miko. I could hear their conversation over the comm link and I chuckled.

    :This is Miko we are talking about: I chuckled. Bulkhead closed his car door as Miko climbed in, and I spotted Ryan walking closer to me. He tapped his foot before opening my door. A large grin was on his face.

    Cutting off the comm signal so Bulkhead and Miko couldn't overhear. "You seem excited about your first day with a detention." I said sternly. Ryan jumped at my voice before shaking his head. His grin disappeared. I mentally raised an optic ridge.

    "What?" I questioned. Again, Ryan shook his head.

    "What what?" he acted innocent. I glanced at him through the rear view mirror. He was blankly staring at the dashboard.

     "Why the change of moods?" He tapped his finger against the window, looking the other direction and tapping his foot.

   "Nothing."

   "Don't lie to me, Ryan. I've already mastered Miko. You should be easy."

  He sighed. "It will upset you and I'd rather you be in a good mood than storm off and sulk." That earned a chuckle from me.

   "What makes you think I'll do that?" He ran a hand through his blonde hair before speaking again.

"Hope is talking to me again." That hit me hard, and I vented before scanning my surroundings.

"That's great. She was at school." I forced at, anger crawling up me. Why isn't she talking to me but talking to her brother now?

  "See? Your mad."

"No I'm not."

  "Your seat belt is gripping me too tight." Ryan chocked out. I released him and he took in a deep breath as I muttered a low apology. He sighed, taking off his seat belt completely. "You need to talk to her." She doesn't want to talk to me.

   "I talked to her a bit, Wheeljack. She is just upset. She wants you back as her guardian."

  "Then why doesn't she talk to me?" I growled. For once, I found anger directed towards Hope.

   "There she is now. Talk to her." Before I could argue, he climbed out and tapped his foot, waving  hand at her. She stopped upon seeing me next to him, and I immediately noticed her hesitate.

       Ryan walked towards her and spoke a few words I couldn't hear before she shook her head hard and turned to walk away. Why doesn't she care anymore?

     Immediately, Hope paused and glanced around, a look of utter confusion on her face. Ryan also held a look of concern as she winced, grabbing her head. what's wrong? She now held her head in two hands and was biting her lip in pain.

     Immediately, no matter how mad I wanted to be at her, I turned on my holoform and climbed out as well, hurrying over. Is she okay? Hope jerked her head up at my arrival, and I ignored the way she tensed and looked away.

         "Need a ride?" Miko shouted over at Ryan. I'd forgotten Bulkhead was still parked next to me. They seemed to know I wanted to be with Hope alone to talk to her. Ryan pat Hope's shoulder before running off to Bulkhead.