Chapter 12 ✔️

Last Edited June 16, 2019

Miko

"OMG! I love, love, love this shirt!" I held up the Deadpool shirt that I had just found, wasting away in the half-off isle. Bulkhead rolled his eyes. He stood next to me in his holoform, just as Wheeljack did with Hope a few feet away in a different aisle.

"Aren't you supposed to be shopping for Hope?" Bulkhead crossed his muscular arms, and I rolled my eyes while huffing.

"I would be if she would pick anything out. She is so picky."

"You tried to give her a walking dead shirt." Bulkhead snorted. I often watched the show with him on Saturday nights with my bowl of popcorn sitting neatly in my lap, only to get it tossed away as Bulkhead jumped in fear every few seconds, sending the buttery food flying every which direction.

I sighed again before chuckling and walking over to Hope, who stood, one hand rubbing her opposite arm in embarrassment. I looked at the clothes she was staring intensely at and immediately picked out a white lacy summer dress that stopped just below the knees.

"Here. Try this. It looks your size. Oh-" I grabbed a few pairs of booty shorts that were light blue along with a few tank tops. "Take these as well." Wheeljack cocked his head to one side.

"Whoever knew you'd be the one giving fashion advice." He chuckled, rubbing the back of his head. His holoform was just as tall as Bulkheads; nearly six foot four. But Bulkhead was more...well, bulkier.

"Jack, would you mind waiting for me to try this on?" Hope asked, turning towards Wheeljack. He nodded, and she walked off towards a dressing room not too far away. Bulkhead poked me on the shoulder. A huge grin on spread across his face.

"Why don't you try this on?" he asked while pushing a short, bright pink dress in my face. I gagged, pushing it away. No way was I wearing a dress.

"Come on! If you don't try it, then I won't take you to the smash-athon next week!" he threatened, though there was a hint of amusement in his eyes. I groaned.

He knew how much I was looking forward to that.

So, with a grumpy pout on my face, I yanked the dress away and stomped off to the dressing room where Hope was. "Make sure you come out when you have it on!" Bulkhead called out to me.

"Lug head." I grumbled as I opened the first changing room door and slipped inside.

Hope

I scratched my arm and bit the inside of my lip. It was a nervous habit I couldn't seem to get rid of. Wheeljack was the first to turn and look at me. He smiled, making me even more uncomfortable.

When I lived with Macen, I was told what to wear. He had always put me in clothes he knew I would look ugly in. So for anyone to look at me and actually think I looked nice was making me a nervous wreck.

"You look nice." Wheeljack complimented me. I blushed red, a little nervous of the attention and eyes that were looking my way. One teenager in particular blew some bangs out of his face and winked at me, causing Wheeljack to glare at him. Bulkhead did the same before turning to me again.