Chapter 21 ✔️

Last Edited: June 23, 2019

Hope

I had been trapped in that death hole for two days. No one had come to save me. No humans nor robots; not even Wheeljack. Of course, I knew why. Silas was holding my guardian hostage.

I was in a filthy dog crate that smelled like feces. I found out, much to my surprise, that I was not the only one here. A few other cages were kept separate from mine, spread across the room.

The few glimpses I had received from one cage to my right revealed a strange, hunched up figure that made noises as if it was having trouble breathing. I was fed only two times a day, along with the other creatures locked up here with me. The guards would sometimes walk away with a dead body. Some of the animal/humans would die unexpectedly.

I shuddered at the thought as I grasped the bars to my small dog cage. They had given me a smaller one in case I got my wings freed. If I got them separated, then I literally had no room to open them in. Sighing, I leaned against the cage and closed my eyes.

Above me, the light that dangled from the ceiling above my cage came on, as if putting a spotlight on me and me alone. Great. Crossing my arms, I tried not to look scared as my eyes watered from the pained cuts and bruises that ran up and down my body.

Some of my injuries were from experiments Silas wanted to torture me with. Others were from the rough behavior of the guards. At first I thought they were robots by how silent and stiff they stood, but every now and then I would get the common, 'hurry up' and then a violent shove.

Wincing at the light, I covered my eyes and watched another pair of guards approach. One opened the cage door I was in and motioned for me to exit. The other stood still beside him, waiting for me; ready in case I tried to escape.

Slowly, I climbed out, stretching my arms and neck until I heard a loud crack. I followed one guard while the other trailed about a foot behind. Silas was waiting for me in a room that was similar to a doctors office.

No scary equipment, no scary signs that warned about possible death and destruction. It was exactly the same as a doctors office at a hospital or emergency care. "Sit down, Hope." Silas motioned for me to sit in a chair with handcuffs at the wrists and ankles. Nervously, I shook my head. I didn't want to be pinned down just for him to whip out some kind of scary drill or knife to cut me open with.

Silas' face darkened and he nodded to the guards behind me, who roughly took me by my arms and shoved me into the seat. "Hey!" I squeaked, thrashing around as the cuffs locked into place. Silas rolled his eyes, leaning back into the chair he was sitting in.

"Was that so hard?"

I threw him a dirty look, which he chuckled at. "You don't scare me, child." he laughed again before dismissing the guards. Not less than ten seconds later, Lockdown opened the door and walked in. Silas narrowed his eyes.

"And who gave you permission to come in here?"

The teen cocked his head to one side and gave me a sloppy smile before leaning against the wall. His blonde hair was messy and looked like a sloppy style that a laid back kid would wear. His baby blue eyes bore into my own, and he smirked.

"Came to see the results." he said simply. "No one said I couldn't come in here. But do you wish to keep me out, because in a matter of seconds your 'secret base' will be a pile of rubble. Don't think I didn't take precautions in case I did not receive what I wanted when I wanted it."

Silas grit his teeth. "Filthy alien." he muttered, turning away from Lockdown and staring at me.

"Umm...what results?" I asked. He probably meant the ones where he had to chop off my flesh.