Chapter 34 ✏️

HI! BYE!

              ***************************************************

Miko's P.O.V

Detention. Again.

   A place full of despair and boredom. Bulkhead wasn't here to pick me up yet, though I was only five minutes away from freedom. The past two hours have consisted of nothing but a nagging algebra teacher and my thoughts.

    Lots of things have been on my mind lately. My foster parents, who I overheard talking amongst one another whether or not to send me back to Japan for the summer so they wouldn't have to deal with me. I mean seriously, am I that hard to handle? I'm never around half the time anyway.

    Bulkhead was more fun to hang out with.

    Along with that problem, I've had to deal with a rather large case of grumpy syndrome. A sigh escaped me as I stared at the slow clock above the language teachers head. My thoughts were wrapped around Hope.

    I haven't known her for that long, merely a few weeks, but she was now a close friend. Maybe the 'bots have found her. Speaking of the bots, why isn't Bulkhead here yet? When the bell rang, I was the first out the door, ignoring the teachers planned speech on not coming back to Detention.

    Rushing outside, I found no one waiting for me.

    "Did they ditch me or something?" I questioned myself. A few minutes went by, until finally a familiar car pulled up. Mrs. Darby. Not Bulkhead. "Sup?" I asked, hoping in. Immediately, the gas pedal was slammed and we went surging forward.

    "Jeez, what's the rush June?" I snapped. The throbbing in my began as soon as my head hit the window. She threw me an apologetic look before twisting the steering wheel and sending us out of town. "What-"

    "Hope is back." Immediately, I perked up.

  "That's great!" I smiled.

  "She isn't in good condition, Miko." she hesitated before speaking. "I don't know much, but Ratchet requires my help."

   We were now at the Autobots base, pulling up slowly and watching the rocky wall move for our entrance. Immediately, I was met with Ratchet yelling at everyone to give him room. His eyes showed relief when he saw Jack's mom.

   "Nurse Darby, I-"

   "Put her down." She ordered. Bulkhead picked me up.

   "We just got back. Sorry I couldn't pick you up."

   "No need to apologize, Bulk. What happened to her?" I asked Optimus. Every 'bot shared uneasy glances.

   "We.. W-we are unsure." Ratchet stuttered. "Megatron did something to her when she was up there, and now she has changed."

    "Her heartbeat is irregular." June stated, feeling her pulse. "I need.. I need... What is wrong with her blood?" she asked, rather startled. I gasped.

   Energon was running down Hope's nose. "A nose bleed? With energon?" I asked. My friend looked awful. Her hair was practically a rats nest, and she definitely hadn't showered since she had been taken.

   I was going to kick something. And I was going to do it hard.

  "Ow! Miko!" Bulkhead immediately rubbed the side of his head, where I had let out my anger. "What was that for?!"

   "Will she be okay?" my anger passed, I felt like crying, but bit my lip and silently watching June and Ratchets hologram work together.

     "Do not worry, Miko. I do not want you to worry." Optimus said softly. I sniffed, feeling a tear run. Immediately, it was wiped away.