Beach

A few weeks later she spent the night curled up with Paul while Jacob and Emma took the girls.

"Don't be a stranger," she told him, "those girls still want you as a godfather you know,"

He nodded, "I know, I'm really going to miss you."

She got home and sighed, smiling as Hollie ran in and cuddled her,

"Jacobs picked up your favourite pizza on the way and he has wine and orange juice and we have some films," Hollie told her, snuggling into Connie,

Jacob set everything up before he handed the girls blankets, before he lay on the sofa and held Connie gently.

"Thank you," she told him and he smiled.

"You're welcome sweetcheeks,"

He watched as the three of them fell asleep after the film. He climbed carefully over Connie before he scooped up the girls gently and carried them to bed.

"Come on girl," he smiled at Tog, clipping her onto the lead and walking her to he small local park so she could go to the toilet. Connie woke as Tog ran back in, her tail wagging.

"You didn't have to do that," she smiled and he flicked on the kettle making them a cup of tea.

"She's a good dog," he smiled, "and I didn't want to wake you."

"You staying tonight?" She asked and he smiled, "if you don't mind... I'm off tomorrow and thought we could take the girls to the beach... There's a dog friendly one, then we could take Tog too."

They watched as the dog lay down reluctantly in her cage, she'd fallen into a habit of sleeping with Hollie but now she was getting bigger Connie wasn't a fan of hoovering dog fur from her daughters bed everyday.

She woke to hear laughter in the kitchen and shook her head as she saw Jacob and the girls simultaneously making cupcakes, risotto and pasta,

"Now I see why you like him... If it was up to me it would be bought food," she smiled,

"Let's get ready Hol," Grace smiled,

"You're a bit of a home bird really masters aren't you?" She teased, sitting onto the work surface and smiling,

He raised an eyebrow, "the girls were keen to make lunch," he smiled,

"Right I'm going to pop home to get some stuff, I'll pick you lot up in an hour... Don't forget your suncream,"

He couldn't help but kiss her cheek, "Paul was out of his mind leaving you lot," he told her gently, pushing her hair behind her ears.

She rolled her eyes, "we're a lot to take on," she smiled and he shook his head,

"Not from where I'm standing."

He sat in his car outside his house. He hadn't planned to say what he had to Connie and now as he thought about it, he realised that he'd rather spend his spare time with them than anywhere else.

"She's turned you soft masters," he uttered, "what are you doing... Don't ruin this friendship."

"So while I'm working, you're going to be sunning yourself on the beach with a beautiful woman?" Emma smiled, "it's a good job I don't get jealous Jacob masters,"

"You know she's my friend Em," he told her, before waving as Grace and Hollie ran over to his car, "I have to go... Have a good shift,"

"I know," she smiled, "have a good time, I'll see you tomorrow."