Untitled Part 23

She was taken aback as Emma stormed over to her, a harsh sting the next thing she felt as she cupped her cheek.

"You bitch," she yelled, "I was engaged to him... I asked you if you wanted him and you said you were friends... Have you been fucking him this whole time or was he telling the truth when he said you haven't done that yet?"

"Come inside my office," Connie uttered, feeling blood on her cheek from where Emma's ring had caught her,

"No... Do this here, let your staff know what a whore you are,"

"He was telling the truth Emma... We haven't..."

"But you want too?"

"I don't have to answer that," she replied, feeling shaken as she wiped her cheek.

"I knew it... I've always been able to see it," she yelled, ignoring the crowd that had built up around them,

"I love him... I begged him and he didn't tell me how he felt about you until I forced him too... I told him you're not worth it, that you only want him because it's easy... He knows your girls... He knew Sam... He's not Sam Connie... Sam isn't here anymore, he never will be and you... You don't deserve Jacob..."

Connie winced as Emma hit her again, before doubling over as she threw a punch that landed firmly into her stomach.

"That's more than enough," Charlie uttered, watching as Cal held Emma back as she went to swing for Connie again.

"Come on, let me look at you," Charlie told her firmly, concerned at how quiet Connie was.

"Get Jacob out of that meeting now Robyn."

"Michael," she uttered, and he smiled gently, "shhhh... It's okay... Jacobs on his way down,"

She took his hand, "I haven't slept with him... We kissed... I..."

He shook his head; "we both knew it was a bit of fun between us," he nodded, "but that doesn't stop me from caring about you and bring your friend... I wondered when the two of you would see what is so obvious to everyone around you,"

She felt tears spring to her eyes; "let him look after you and the girls Connie... Life doesn't always have to be so hard,"

She pulled him towards her and kissed his mouth gently, he held her and kissed her hair, "let him look after you okay?" Michael told her, holding her gently.

Charlie placed a hand on Jacobs arm, "be gentle with her Jacob... She's hurting,"

Jacob nodded, "is she okay?"

"There'll be no lasting damage... Make sure she's what you want before you start anything Jacob... You know how much it hurt her when Sam left,"

Jacob nodded, "I think I love her Charlie," he admitted, "not that I'm ready to tell her and she's far from ready to hear it... But if I'm honest I think I've always loved her."

He opened the curtain and Michael smiled, holding out his hand and shaking it.

"It's my turn to tell you that she needs you," he told her, "don't hurt her,"

"I promise," Jacob replied as Michael nodded and walked away.

He entered the cubicle to see her curled up on her side, her cheeks tear stained and her face still bloody.

"I'm sorry sweet cheeks," he told her quietly and she watched how he leaned against the gurney beside her, "will you let me clean your face?"

She nodded slowly, "hey... Hey... It's okay," he told her as he saw how lost she looked.

"You were supposed to be getting married next month," she spoke quietly,

He kissed her hand gently, "you know, even with a swollen cheek you look beautiful,"

She smiled, before wincing, "will you let me take you home and run you a bath?"

She nodded, "only if you join me,"

He tucked her hair behind her ear, "I couldn't think of a better way to spend an afternoon."

She lay in between his legs in the bath, his hands gently around her waist as his lips pressed gently kisses to her skin.

"Jacob," she uttered, "I want to feel like me without a bruised face when we do this," she smiled, and he smiled,

"Don't worry, all I'm going to do is kiss you... I've spend so many months wanting to kiss you."

"Is mum okay? What's happened?" Grace asked, and Jacob placed down the ladle.

"Me and Emma broke up and she hit your mum," she told her, surprised when she didn't ask why,

"Because of us Jacob?" She asked and he shook his head,

"No..."

"Because of mum?" Jacob turned to her, "because of how I feel about your mum,"

"Will you take her out for dinner Jacob? So she can look beautiful and wear a nice dress and feel like she doesn't have to worry about us for a while?"

He smiled, "you and your sister wouldn't mind?"

Grace grinned, "no... We'd like that."