Pizza

"Come on Hollie, you're never late... What's the matter firecracker?" Jacob asked as he watched Hollie fiddling with her breakfast.

"Nothing," she spoke quietly, picking up her school bag and walking ahead of him out into the car.

She was quiet on the journey too school and Simba lay with his head on her lap.

"Your mum will pick you up," he smiled, "you know you can tell me and your mum anything don't you?"

She nodded and he smiled, "have a good day."

"Where we going mum?" Hollie asked and Connie raised her eyebrow,

"Thought we could go for pizza?"

"Where?"

"That new Italian you wanted to go to a few weeks ago,"

"Just us two?"

"We can ask Grace and Jacob if you want as well?"

Hollie stopped and hugged her mum tightly, "no... It's hardly ever just us,"

Connie placed her arm around her now nine year old daughters shoulders, squeezing her gently.

Connie and Hollie laughed as they ate out on the restaurant veranda, "while you two are out eating.... Jacobs making me pick up dog poo... Thanks a lot xx" Grace had messaged and Connie showed Hollie as they laughed.

"Hope maths tutoring was okay, be home soon,"

"Don't rush, I'm kidding... Love you both xx"

Connie paid before her and Hollie walked along the river, "talk to me baby," she asked and Hollie sat onto a bench,

"I don't want to upset you mum,"

Connie kissed her hair gently, "and I don't want you to deal with whatever is making you upset alone,"

Hollie leaned into Connie, closing her eyes as Connie ran her hand through her hair,

"These girls at school were saying that you can't have loved dad if you're engaged again... And one of their mums had an affair... And they're saying that maybe you did too..."

Connie pressed her lips against Hollies forehead, "and what are your thoughts Hol?"

Hollie looked up at Connie, seeing how calm she looked,

"I think you loved dad, and I saw how sad you were when he died and I think you loved Jacob when he was so kind to us,"

Connie nodded, "that's the truth... I would have never cheated on your dad... Ever..."

Hollie wrapped her arms tightly around Connie, causing Connie to hug her even tighter,

"You're not mad?"

"People say silly things, I'm not mad...I don't care what other people think... I only care that you girls are happy,"

They sat in a comfortable silence before Connie squeezed her daughters hand, "shall we go home sweetheart and check your sister and Jacob haven't caused havoc?"

Hollie nodded, "yes."

As they got in the car Connie turned to face her daughter, "I want you to tell me when you're sad Hol... Don't ever worry about upsetting me, it will upset me more to know you're sad or worried and I don't know,"

"I promise I'll tell you," she nodded.

Connie smiled before pulling out of the car park and driving back home.

Connie curled up with Jacob on the sofa as he flicked through wedding magazines Grace had bought one afternoon.

Connie dozed on his chest and he ran his hand slowly through her hair.

"I think it's time we started thinking about a date for this wedding sweet cheeks," he told her gently, and she opened her eyes,

"Mmm... I suppose we should," She smiled tiredly and he placed his hand to her cheek.

"How about Tuscany?" He asked and she smiled, "we could always head out there in a couple of months to check out venues and have a short holiday?"

"Sounds great," she smiled,

"You know, I'm happy to research this... And we can decide upon the final details together..." He offered, "I know Grace is keen to help out too..."

She moved so she straddled his lap, "you're wonderful, you know that?" He slipped his hands around her waist firmly, smiling against her lips as she kissed him.

"Connie," he groaned, "get booking that flight to Italy and we can have some time alone... We can do this as often as we like."