Morning after

She woke in his arms the following morning, his breathe was hot against her neck and she turned to face him. She slipped her arm underneath his own and pressed her lips gently against his shoulder and his neck, watching as he opened his eyes. The palm of her hand was warm against his neck, her fingers running gently up and down his skin.

"So last night wasn't a dream," he mumbled and she laughed against his neck,

"You're ridiculous muscles," she smiled fondly,

"And you're the most beautiful sight to wake up too," he smiled and she closed her eyes, cuddling into him as he pulled her closer.

"We have a few hours before the girls are back... Shall we take tog out and grab a shower afterwards?" She asked, yawning gently as she kept her eyes shut.

"Mmm... Not just yet," he murmured, "stay where you are and keep me warm for a bit longer."

"Jacob," she spoke quietly, watching as he looked at her. She smiled, her tired eyes sparkling,

"Mmm,"

"I feel so happy waking up like this with you,"

"The feelings more than mutual sweetcheeks," he smiled, kissing her gently before pulling the covers up over them.

Before they knew it, loud knocking woke them up and she kissed his mouth, "get dressed, I'll let them in,"

"Mum," Hollie smiled, hugging Connie as Grace smiled as Jacob appeared,

"Did you girls have fun at Charlie's?"

"We did... Duffy let us watch films and made us popcorn," Hollie grinned as Grace cuddled Tog gently,

"So are we taking this girl out for a walk or what?" He asked and she smiled fondly at him,

"Get your coats girls," she smiled, watching as the dog ran outside and barked at them. She crouched down in front of the dog, "stop barking, we're going."

"Jacob... Do you promise you won't hurt my mum?"

He watched as Connie smiled as Hollie jumped up and down in the puddles, "come on you two," Hollie grinned,

"First and foremost, she's my friend Firecracker," he told her, "and I promise I won't hurt her,"

Grace nodded, "good... Because she was really sad after dad died and she seems like she's herself again..."

"You're a wise girl, you know that?" He smiled as she linked her arm through his own,

"Sometimes," she smiled.

They watched as the girls ran after the lively dog. "So... Where do we go from here?" She asked as he slipped his hand around hers and squeezed it,

"We can take this at whatever speed you want," he told her, "I really like you... And those girls mean a lot to me too... I can be around as much or as little as you like,"

"I prefer the former," she couldn't help but smile and he kissed her mouth,

"Me too."

They smiled as Hollie ran at him and allowed him to cuddle her gently. Grace clipped the dog back on her lead and Jacob smiled,

"I'll always be here for you and your girls," he told her, "always."

"You promise?" Hollie asked so quietly Connie's heart leapt,

Jacob crouched in front of her, "wild horses couldn't tear me away."

"That's a silly saying," Hollie grinned as Connie rolled her eyes.

Connie woke a few mornings later to hear laughter coming from the kitchen. She pulled her pyjama shorts and one of Jacobs jumpers on, before leaning in the doorway and watching them. She loved watching them all like this, he had the ability to make cooking breakfast fun, and she loved the way he was so kind to both of them.

Jacob had half cooked pancakes and was attempting to get Grace to flip one, the pair cheering as she managed it. She noticed the last one had obviously fallen to the floor, and she smiled as she watched Hollie dancing around them with Tog running round her legs.

"Mum," Hollie smiled, hugging Connie tightly and letting her lift her.

"Wow Hollie you're getting so tall I won't be able to lift you soon," she smiled, holding her tightly before kissing Graces head.

"Morning sweet cheeks," he smiled, nodding at the coffee on the side before kissing her mouth.

She slipped her hand up his back so he could kiss her again and Hollie clapped.

"So... Apart from making a mess of my kitchen, what are we doing today?"

"We forgot Hollie has a swimming lesson... So we thought we could all go before we go to the harbour?" Grace offered and Connie smiled, placing Hollie down,

"Sounds lovely,"

"You coming too Mr. Masters?" She asked and he smiled,

"If you girls can put up with me for another day, I'd love too."