Chapter 38

"Wake up, you lazy old badger!"

"Just a few more minutes..."

"I have something important to tell you!"

"Let me sleep. I'm tired."

"Please?"

Alas, whenever Amberblaze used that tone, he always obliged.

"What?" He heaved himself to his paws, stretching quickly. "It had better be important, because I was having the best dream."

Paws scraping holes in the ground, Amberblaze shrugged, avoiding his gaze. Whatever had her excited must be important; she only pawed the ground when something was terribly wrong or terribly exciting, and judging by her jubilant tone, it was the latter.

Just two moons ago, he and Amberblaze had became mates, much to his mother's delight. Honeywhisker had stopped speaking to Amberblaze altogether, though they never really spoke anyway, and Raventail seemed to dislike him even more; the black tom had never quite seen eye to eye with Sunflame.

"I don't know if I should tell you here. It's kind of important."

Now Sunflame was intrigued. Amberblaze rarely ever deemed something as important. "How important?"

"As important as kits are to their mothers." She replied with a knowing smirk, as if she knew something that he didn't.

He leapt up. "Let's go!"

That earned him a shush from many warriors still snoozing in their nests.

The black she-cat led him out of the den, out of camp, into the forest and right into the heart of ThunderClan's territory.

"What are we doing this far away from camp?" He mewed hesitantly, eyes narrowing at the she-cat as she halted suddenly, turning around.

"Sunflame, I'm expecting kits."

~

That was the last chapter!