13

Jason Taylor

I almost skip my way home, but somehow I manage to hold myself back.

Today was probably the best night of my life. I thought maybe Haley would be closed off, because of her recent break up, but instead she was willing to talk about herself and even about Dean.

It felt so good having her hand in mine and I never wanted to let go. I noticed how Haley also did not want to pull away and I am pretty sure that confused her. Sometimes she had that look on her face like she could not believe what she was doing right now. That only meant for me that I was doing everything right. Haley already felt comfortable with me and I did not want to do anything to make her question this sudden feeling.

However, I almost blew it when we were watching the movie together. I just could not concentrate on it when such an outstanding girl was sitting beside me. First I tried to look at her just out of the corner of my eyes, but soon I gave up and turned my face to get a better view of her. Her blue eyes had a spark in them and I was triumphant about the fact that it was there because of me - at least that was what my ego was thinking.

Suddenly Haley turned her head so that she was now looking directly at me. I could not do anything but continue to stare at her striking face. Haley's eyes looked straight into my own and they seemes to convey feelings of surprise and longing. I was pretty sure that my own eyes already darkened.

It felt like Haley could actually see me for who I really am and it felt amazing.

My mouth then opened on its own accord and her eyes darted to my lips. I had to push down the overwhelming sensation to kiss her lips and I crawled my fingers into the backrest of the couch in order not to give into this compelling feeling. I really wanted to kiss her, but I knew it would be way too early.
I closed my mouth and her eyes looked back up to my own again. I could see that Haley was unsure of what was going on and how much she actually wanted to act on this feelings.

Then she whispered something of heading home and for a short moment I was overwhelmed with the feeling of loss. I noticed her reluctance to go so I suggested she could stay and I would walk her home afterwards.

She agreed and it was then that I knew for sure that Haley wanted to stay with me as well.

With all my might I tried to focus all my attention on the movie, but when Haley's head dropped onto my shoulder she was my sole center of attention yet again.

Slowly I pulled my arm from under her head so that she now leaned onto my chest. I then wrapped my arm around her and it felt so much like a lovers embrace. My heart sped up once again and I feared Haley would wake up, because of its loud beating, but she luckily did not.

It felt so right having her in my arms, like she was the puzzle piece that was missing all my life and I knew more than ever that Haley belonged to me and that I was going to fight for her, no matter what.

Haley looked really cute and content asleep and I wondered if that had anything to do with me holding her.

When I thought Haley in my arms was the best feeling ever, I convinced myself that having Haley in my arms and touching her was even better. My finger tips began to caress her cheek and even if I wanted to, I could not have stopped.

Her skin felt so soft under my touch and I was overcome with the sensation to explore more of her face. I then began to trace her features. First her eyebrowns, then her eyes, which were even beautiful when they were closed, because they were framed with long and dark lashes. Next I outlined her cute nose and suddenly the only feature I did not outline were her lips. However, my finger tips did not hesitate and made their way confidently down to her red lips. I could not remember how often I imagined kissing them and now I was so close. They were unbelievably soft and I wondered how they would feel against my own lips.