36

Haley Scott

"Why am I so nervous? I already met Linda before.", I ask Laura while looking at different outfits to wear.

I hear her laugh through my phone and I groan.

"Sweety relax! Wear the dress that you got at the mall last week and a jeans jacket and you'll look awesome! But don't put your hair up, or she'll see the hickey!", Laura tells me.

I blush and ask shyly: "You saw it?"

Laura giggles and says: "There's nothing that I miss, Hales!"

I put on the dress and the jacket and satisfied decide that I look presentable.

"Thanks Laura!", I tell her and we keep talking until I receive a text from Jason that he is on his way to pick me up.

"Deep breaths! You got this!", Laura coaches me and I giggle.

"Thanks Laura! When it's your turn you can count on me as well! Love you!", I tell her and hury downstairs.

"You bet! Have fun Hales and love you too!", Laura responds and kills the call.

Downstairs I am met with my whole family gathered in the hall.

"What's going on?",  I want to know confused.

"Jason is picking you up, right?", Matt asks and takes a seat on the stairs.

"Right!", I tell him and smile.

"Right!", my dad says and shoots a angry look at the door.

"James!", my mom complains and my dad tells her: "What? If he can't deal with me he is surely not going to date my little girl!"

I grimace and just then the bell rings and all I am able to do before I open the door is to whisper at them: "Be nice, please! I really like him!"

Matt and my mom nod their heads at me, but my dad just mutters: "We'll see."

I open the door and my heart immediately starts to race the moment I set eyes on Jason. I am still not used to his handsomeness and I know that I will have a hard time getting used to it.

"Hey.", he greets me smilingly and I open the door wider for him to step inside.

"Hey Jason.", I respond and observe his expression when he realizes that my whole family is waiting for him to meet them.

If he is taken aback he gives nothing away and extends his hand to greet my dad.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Scott.", Jason says and I can see my dad being impressed by his manners.

"You too Jason.", he responds and Jason goes on to shake my mom's hand.

"Mrs. Scott."

"Jason.", mom nods her head with a smile on her lips.

"And you must be Matt.", Jason says and walks to Matt, who is now standing on the third step, which makes him seem as tall as Jason.

He extends his hand to Matt and Matt beams at being recognized as an adult.

"Jason, it's great to finally meet you.", Matt replies and shakes Jason's hand.

Jason smiles gently at him and says: "Haley has told me a lot about you and your football skills."

Matt's smile widens even more and he looks briefly at me before suggesting: "Maybe we could play a bit on thursday."

Jason nods his head in agreement and promises: "Definitely!"