33

Jason Taylor

"I had the best dream ever!", I think before I come fully awake only to realize that somebody is tightly wrapped in my arms.

My eyes open instantly and a smile lights up my whole face when I notice it is Haley.

So it was not a dream, but reality. This thought makes my smile widen even more and my body relaxes only to pull my still sleeping girlfriend closer.

Girlfriend! I can really call her that now, I cannot believe it!

I am then bombarded with the images and conversations from last night and I just want to jump up and down, that is how happy I am.

Haley really, really likes me, of that I am sure, but I am still a bit concerned about Dean. I believe that Haley has moved on with me, but I am not completely convinced that Dean has totally given up on her too, especially when he realizes Haley is now together with me.

Will he want her back? And even more important, what will he tell her concerning Cecilia?

These thoughts, however, evaporate the moment I feel Haley stirring in my arms. Carefully I move so that I am now laying sideways in order to see Haley waking up. She cuddles further into my chest and I am overwhelmed with the feeling of possessiveness. Her body feels so soft curved into my side and I inhale the scent of her hair as I lower my head to see her eyes blinking away sleep.

"Good morning, beautiful!", I tell her and kiss her forehead.

I feel her smiling into my chest and she whispers: "So it wasn't a dream!"

I chuckle and for the first time today we lock eyes and I suck in a deep breath.

Baby blue meets stromy grey.

"You take my breath away!", I tell her honestly and lean in to kiss her.

Haley smiles lovingly at me and blushes, but she still leans in to meet me halfway.

It is a soft and gentle kiss and after last night I know that I have to take it slower. I do not want to overwhelm Haley too quick and I definitely do not want to rush her into something she is not ready for.

I love how adorably shy she still is, but I realize that Haley starts to get braver too, which I love too.

We pull away from each other and Haley tells me smiling softly: "That was probably the best night's sleep ever!"

I grin triumphant at her and agree saying: "For me too. I don't know how I'll manage to sleep without you today."

"I could talk with you until we fall asleep.", Haley suggests and although I would have laughed at any other boy agreeing to this, I know it would be the only solution for me. Of course I would prefer sleeping next to her again, but I know it is too soon and her parents would probably not allow it either.

"That sounds great!", I answer to which Haley smiles.

Haley then giggles and tells me: "I think I'll be more than fine, because you're snoring kept me awake almost the whole night."

I chuckle at her teasing and kiss her once before replying: "First of all I don't snore and secondly you just admitted of having slept really good."

Haley grins and asks: "Did I?"

I begin to tickle her sides and Haley starts to laugh almost immediately.

"You most certainly did!", I respond and keep tickling her sides, Haley laughs delighted and tries to get away from me, but not under my watch.