34

Haley Scott

I have the perfect spot in mind!
My grandfather showed it to me years ago and I have never been here with anyone else except him. It was our secret spot and nobody knew of it, at least that is what he told me.

Since my grandfather's death I have not been there again. I liked to think that our spot was not that special anymore without him, but the truth is that I was afraid of going there alone. With my grandfather I always felt so safe in the woods, but going in there alone always frightened me.

However, with Jason the feeling of security is back and I am ready to go to my grandfather's favourite spot again.

"Where are we even going?", I hear Jason asking me amused and all I do is smile softly at him and say: "Can't tell!"

Jason chuckles, but does not question me any further and his trust makes me feel so very happy.

With Jason there was an instant connection and even if I wanted to fight it I am pretty sure that I would have given in sooner rather than later. I trust him like I have not trusted anybody else before and to be honest that scares me. My feelings for him are already so intense and I have known him for what..a week? However, I cannot deny that Jason pushes every button I have and I like it a lot.

I do not even want to think about what people are going to talk once we are back in school tomorrow. I know that Laura and the girls will have my back, but it will be hard for me to endure all the judgement and the trash talk. However, I also know that it was definitely the right decision to give Jason a chance regardless of it maybe being too soon and I do not regret it a bit.

In this one day he already made me so incredible happy and made me feel so cherished. I hope I make him feel special too. 

"You can pull over here.", I tell him and point with my finger to a trail.

Jason looks confused and says: "But there's nothing!"

I giggle and tell him: "Exactly."

Jason smiles and pulls over.

"You better not kill me now!", he mutters, but I heard him and laugh.

"I just pulled a Chase move on you, I'm sorry.", I respond and Jason joins me laughing.

"How is Chase by the way?", I want to know when Jason opens the car door for me.

Jason rolls his eyes and answers: "He's annoyingly happy!"

I giggle and take the bag where our sandwiches are packed.

Jason tries to grab the bag out of my hand, but I am quicker and smiling say: "Nope, you got to pay, so I'll carry it."

Then I kiss him and Jason huskily states: "You're playing dirty."

I smile and tell him: "Only with you!"

Jason grins as well and answers: "I do hope so!"

I then take his hand in mine and lead him to a trail, which is heading into the woods.

"I should probably text someone that I'm here!", Jason jokes and I giggle.

I can already see the clearing and hear the waterfall.

"We're almost there!"

Soon we step into the clearing and on the basis of Jason's amazed expression I know that I chose right when thinking about taking him here.

"What is this place?", Jason mumbles still completely taken aback and I tell him: "My grandfather used to come here with me, it was our secret spot. I've never showed this to anybody before."