37

Jason Taylor

I am walking on air since Haley agreed to date me and nothing can spoil my good mood. Not even Dean, who shoots me death glares more recently at school.

However, I just shrug it off and remind myself that Haley is with me now and she even told him so. No need to get in a fight over nothing.

Currently I am in my room deciding what to wear to dinner at Haley's house tonight.

"Are you seriously worrying about what to wear, you little girl?", Chase wants to know laying on my bed.

I shoot him an annoyed look and remind him of last week.

"Who helped you find an outfit last week when you were over at Laura's house?", I say and immediately Chase shuts up.

"That was different.", he tries to defend himself and I just tell him: "No it wasn't."

I then decide on a button-down shirt and jeans knowing that Haley dressed up a bit as well when she was over at my house on tuesday. She was beautiful, but the real question was, when was she not.

Don't be nervous! I got your back! x
And Matt is REALLY looking forward to playing football with you! :)

Haley's text immediately makes me smile and to be honest it makes me swoon over her a bit more.

Thanks for catching me baby, but that's my job ;) x
I'm looking forward to it too!

I then turn to Chase and want to know: "When is Laura coming over today?"

Chase shoots up from my bed and exclaims: "THAT'S TODAY?"

I chuckle at his forgetfulness and nod my head to which he rushes out of my room and into the bathroom.

I walk downstairs and see my mom in the kitchen.

"Nervous?", she wans to know smilingly.

I shrug my shoulders, but I know that she can tell so I admit: "Yes!"

"Don't be! Haley is such a sweet girl that I'm sure her whole family will be like this!", she tries to reassure me while cutting onions.

I nod my head at her and tell her: "It's just that I never met a girl's parents before and I really want them to like me, because I really, really like Haley."

My mom's smile widens and she pulls me into a hug.

"Jason I know that I'm your mother and probably biased, but you're every mother's dream!"

I chuckle at her and hug her back.

Soon I have to leave and before I open the door to get to my car I see Chase running down the stairs with two different coloured socks on his feet.

I chuckle at him and he stops right in his tracks and wants to know: "What, man?"

I point at his socks and he swears and runs back the stairs again shouting a "Have fun!" down to me.

"You too!", I reply and close the door.

I am five minutes early when I arrive at Haley's house, but I figure punctuality is a good feature and so I make my way to Haley's doorstep.

I ring the bell and almost immediately the door is opened by Mrs. Scott.

"Hey Jason, come on in!", she says smilingly and I enter the Scott's house.

"Thank you Mrs. Scott. These flowers are for you. Thank you for inviting me!", I tell her politely and her smile brightens when she sees the bouquet of flowers.