31

Jason Taylor

My heart is beating so quick that I fear it will jump right out of my chest every moment. Inwardly I clap at myself for being this brave, but this courage will mean nothing if Haley does not take a chance on me.

After what must have been mere seconds, but felt more like years to me, Haley answers softly with a shy smile on her lips: "I'd love to Jason."

My body reacts to her response the only way it knows how to: by kissing her soft lips once again. I am already addicted to the feeling of Haley's lips on mine.

However, my mind just processes Haley's response now and the sheer joy and happiness I feel is overwhelming.

So I pull away and make sure: "Are you sure?"

Haley looks lovingly at me and nods her head while saying: "I'm sure!"

That is all the confirmation I need before I kiss her senseless again.

I am struck by the realization that I will be able to kiss and touch Haley whenever I want to now and that makes me deepen my kiss even more.

However, then the thought of her maybe not wanting it because of Dean or other people crosses my mind and I pull back.

Haley looks at me with hooded eyes and it takes all my willpower to not kiss her already swollen lips yet again. Does she have any idea of how sexy she is?

"What about Dean?", I want to know and caress her cheek. I cannot seem to refrain from touching her soft skin, but I do not think Haley wants me to as she leans into my touch and softly kisses my palm. Her kiss sends tingles through my body and I could melt at her show of affection.

"Dean's not a problem anymore.", Haley tells me and I feel instant relief at her reassurance.

Still I want to know: "Anymore?"

Haley nods her head and tells me: "I realized that I fell out of love with Dean a while ago, I was just too blinded to see it. Then he broke up with me and although it hurt, it didn't hurt long, because of you."

"Because of me?", I ask hanging on her lips.

She lowers her gaze blushingly, but rises it again and admits: "You, your behavior, actions and words, made me realize a lot of things and it also made me fall for you."

I blink only now comprehending how taugh it must have been for Haley to realize after only a few days that she had feelings for someone else.

"You felt guilty." Haley nods her head at me.

"Absolutely, but with the help of my brother and my friends I started to understand that it's okay."

"But are you okay with that?", I ask her worriedly.

It is one thing if the people important to you tell you it is okay to move on, but a whole other thing if you cannot meld it with your own conscience.

Haley's face softens and she smiles at me saying: "To be honest, at first I wasn't sure if I could actually allow myself to already feel these kind of emotions for you, but after getting to know you more and more and realizing a lot, I didn't want to hold back anymore."

I smile gently at her and reply: "I'm glad! But if you ever struggle with what you feel or even if you're confused about your feelings for Dean and me, I want you to come to me with it."

Haley beams at me and answers: "Thanks Jason, I really appreciate that, but I want you to know that I wouldn't have said yes to you if I wouldn't be one hundred percent sure that I want you and a relationship with you. That wouldn't have been fair to you!"