So Contagious

A/N: This was originally meant to be a mini series in my other book Songs About Camren, but i fell in love with the storyline and decided to turn it into a book! Thank you guys for all the love! XOXO ;)

~Oh no, this couldn't be more unexpected

And I can tell that I've been moving in so slow

Don't let it throw you off too far

Cause I'll be running right behind you

Could this be out of line? (Could this be out of line?)

To say you're the only one breaking me down like this

You're the only one I would take a shot on

Keep me hanging on so contagiously~

***Newport High School, Newport Beach, CA 7:30AM***

Camila’s P.O.V.

I impatiently sat in my counselor’s office, why did she call me in here SOOOO early and for what? Argghhh! I could’ve slept in an extra half hour, plus I have better things to do, like eat breakfast! I can feel my tummy rumble; oh breakfast how I miss you. This is NOT the way to start my morning-NO FOOD-COUNSERLOR’S OFFICE IN THE AM-NOT COOL! I mean come on! I’m the head cheerleader; this whole having to be at school early is cramping my style…BIG TIME!

“Camila,” I watched Mrs. Whitney sit across the desk from me, “sorry to make you wait.”

You better be sorry, I’m starving over here!

“It’s fine Mrs. Whitney.” I smiled at her, “what’s going on? It’s 7:30am, this must be important.”

This BETTER be important…I skipped breakfast!

“Look Camila, I don’t know how to tell you this and to be honest with you, I’m not really even sure how it happened, you’re short credits.”

HUH? SHORT CREDITS?              

“Excuse me? Short credits? That’s impossible!” I stood up wide-eyed!

I can’t be short credits! I HAVE to graduate!

“Like I said Camila, I don’t know how this happened, it slipped through the cracks.” She said gesturing for me to take my seat.

“Mrs. Whitney, I NEED to graduate, my parents will KILLLLLL me if I do---” my voice desperate as it was cut off.

“Camila, I’m not saying you can’t graduate.” She said shuffling through a manila folder.