Burning Bridges

Camila’s P.O.V.

I sat at my desk, twisting back and forth in anticipation. I just received my freshmen orientation packet and can’t wait to go through it! It’s so exciting really! New school, new people, new opportunities, I glanced over at my best friends, Dinah and Mani flopped on their backs on my bed reading magazines, Ally sitting against my bed, studying, it made my heartache. Yes, I’m excited about all the NEW things, but THEM, definitely going to miss them, I sighed.

“The heck was that for?” Dinah sat up, crossing her legs, sitting Indian style as she looked at me.

I swiveled my chair, facing my best friends, “nothing,” I fiddled with the big envelope in my hands, still trying to open it, “I’m just going to miss you guys,” I shrugged, they all AWWW-ed in unison.

Mani rolled her eyes playfully, “stop being so emotional Mila,” she threw a pillow at me, I caught it, holding it tightly.

“We’ll always have each other, that will never change,” Ally’s voice sincere, I could tell she truly believed that and so did I.

I LOVE THEM!

“Come on guys, we have a couple more weeks until graduation, let’s just make the best of it!” Dinah chimed in, we all nodded, smiling dopily at each other, “now, enough of this sob fest!” We all began to laugh.

SOOOOOOO…” Mani said, looking at me with a perked eyebrow, I knew this was coming soon, I recently told Mani and Ally the WHOLE story about Lauren and I, I would say…they took it pretty well.

***Flashback: A Few Days After The Dance***

SINCE THE SEMESTER STARTED?!” Mani’s eyes wide! “You have got to be…are you…serious?” she crossed her arms, “how could you not say anything?”

Ally remained quiet.

AHHH SHIIIEEETTT, I took a deep breath, “well,” I swallowed hard, “what had happened was…” I could see Dinah next to Ally wanting to bust out laughing, I shot her an evil look, “it just happed Mani,” it was all I could say, my tone almost pleading for her not to be upset.

SILENCE.

I fiddled with my fingers, it was so quiet I bet I could hear a pin drop right now.

“Come on Mani,” I heard my Dinah’s voice break the tension, “imagine how hard it was for Mila,” I looked up, my face softening at her words, “it’s not exactly the kind of situation any of us would want to be in, can’t really blame her…”

I looked at Dinah, it was one of those moments where she read my mind because she just mouthed a YOU’RE WELCOME.

“We love you no matter what Mila,” Ally walked to me, engulfing me in a bear hug.