Lovestoned

Camila’s P.O.V.

Have you ever watched someone and be completely taken aback by them? Well that’s how I felt watching HER. As much as I love “Modern Art” since it went hand in hand with Literature, which I LOVE literature, it was hard to focus with my girlfriend looking so good on stage, yup, my girlfriend! She’s such a badass. I smiled from ear to ear, checking her out as she walked back and forth, I mean seriously, how can someone expect me to focus when my teacher practically looks like a model AND she has a REALLY nice behind, I chuckled. It’s crazy to think just a couple of months ago I was complaining about having to take an additional class; I continued to chuckle to myself as I thought about it, damn she’s FLAWLESS…yeah, that’s my girlfriend, I REALLY want to take her home with me tonight.

“Miss Cabello,” her husky voice snapped me out of my thoughts as all eyes were on me, “what’s so funny?” CRAP she just called me by my last name! She crossed her arms, her green eyes piercing through mine, I loved them, “is there something more interesting than this lesson,” she held me immobile, ANSWER, everyone’s staring at you; ANSWER!

“Ummm, no Ms. Jauregui, I love this lesson,” I smiled at her, “carry on.” I nodded as the entire class burst into laughter at my smart mouth answer.

I watched her press her lips together, tilting her head, “everyone settle down…” she narrowed her eyes at me, “care to share your thoughts?”

A part of me wants to answer with another smart remark, but something tells me this is NOT the time, she looks irritated, EEEK! I slowly stood up so the entire class could hear me, my eyes locked with green ones that had no room for joking around, “Oscar Wilde,” I could see her arms relax, her eyes soften, her tense body relaxing a bit, “he has the best epigrams in my opinion.”

She uncrossed her arms completely, pacing around, looking at the class, her eyes meeting mine once again, there they are, beautiful eyes I loved so much, her emerald orbs were lighter in shade, “so you ARE paying attention,” she said with a smile.

“I’m ALWAYS paying attention to you Ms. Jauregui,” I practically purred out, I’d smack my forehead right about now if I wasn’t standing in the middle of class, it came out like a reflex, gosh I hope no one noticed my tone, I cleared my throat, “if you don’t mind, I’d like to share something from Oscar Wilde with the class,” she nodded in approval, knowing exactly what I was trying to do, which was distract the class from the tone that just came out of my mouth. I turned towards the class, PHEW, that was a close one, all eyes on me, “’Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary’ it’s my favorite quote from Oscar Wilde,” I shared with the class.

That’s how I felt with HER, the way she looks at me, the way she makes me feel with her subtle touches on my arm, her half smile that melts my heart, her green eyes that tell me more with one look than any words…with her, NOTHING was ordinary. She had me LOVESTONED.

“Why that quote Camila?” Tyler, a senior I’ve had at least one class with every year of high school asked.

I smiled at him, “well I think it holds true to life,” I made eye contact with the class and I could feel her green eyes on me, “there are so many things in this life that ARE ordinary, love SHOULDN’T be one of them.”