Somewhere Only We Know

~I walked across an empty land

I knew the pathway like the back of my hand

I felt the earth beneath my feet

Sat by the river and it made me complete

Oh simple thing where have you gone

I'm getting old and I need something to rely on

So tell me when you're gonna let me in

I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin~

It’s been days, it’s been hours, it’s been minutes, it’s been seconds and all that filled my mind was HER. I was happily lost at the thought of her, the way she ran her fingers through her milk chocolate locks, the way the street light tangled around her body as she sat on her bike, arms crossed on the handles, the way her half smile pulled to her eyes when she was amused…thinking, the way she spoke about art with so much passion as she gestured with her hands, her bright emerald eyes that held me still and seemed to darken in thought. The truth, I could keep thinking and pinpoint something new that seemed to awe me about the green-eyed girl. Sleep hasn’t come easy the last few nights, not after what happened on Monday. I found myself wide-eyed, lying on my bed staring up at the ceiling completely confused and I knew the sun would be rising soon. I wish there were instructions for feelings, it would make things so much easier, but there isn’t and I just want someone to tell me what to do!

WHAT DO I DO?

Is there no such thing as simple anymore?

~

It was almost the end of practice; thank goodness because I am dead tired, not sleeping is catching up to me.

“So Mila, how’s 7th period going?” Dinah asked as we all continued to stretch.

“It’s great, learning a lot,” I beamed.

I lied; it’s been…weird, awkward, all of the above. I’ve been wanting to talk to Lauren after class, but every time we’re dismissed she just grabs her stuff and leaves before I can even catch up to her. I wanted to talk to her; I NEED to! I haven’t looked into those green eyes for days now and it affected me, she affected me. I wasn’t sure what I was going to say, but I knew I needed to speak to her, whatever THIS is I’m feeling, I need to speak with her.

“That’s good!” Normani added.

And what am I doing with Austin? It’s been fine, being with him. I’ve always thought that was it, maybe in high school it doesn’t get any better than being with the captain of the baseball team. What I felt for him or lack there of, that was it and it was okay because I’m in high school. I didn’t have to LOVE him…I could just be with him and like him. It was always fine and now it’s not fine. It messed everything up.

The revving of a motorcycle interrupted my thoughts. LAUREN.