Better Than Words

Dedication: PriestAllyBrooke, this update is for you, thanks for re-reading, commenting and always being so supportive! THANK YOU!!! =) 

Lauren’s P.O.V.

Demi stood there, with her eyebrows scrunched, shaking her head back and forth, “no Laur.” Her tone was firm as she crossed her arms.

“Well, what about…” I began to speak, my voice pleading as she shook her head ‘NO’ once again, “but I REALLY neeeeeddd…”

“Lauren…NO, you don’t NEED all this crap,” she walked towards me, tossing things in a box that I agreed to donate and another to toss out, “I mean seriously, what is this?” she began to laugh, holding up a pair of softball shorts I’ve had since junior high, needless to say, they’re old and had holes in them, what can I say, it’s hard to part with things…I’m a pack rat sometimes.

I watched Demi stick her fingers in the holes, cracking up, “alright, alright,” I grabbed them from her hand, tossing them in the ‘toss’ box, “you drive a hard bargain Lovato!” I tossed a few more things in the donation box, she’s right; I can’t be moving across country taking all this stuff.

OH. MY. GOSH! Is this,” she made her way to one of my piles, pulling an old, raggedy, stuffed teddy bear, one eye missing, “Mr. Tickles!!!” she hugged him tightly, I watched my best friend amused, she understood because Demi has a stuffed toy she couldn’t part with either.

I chuckled, extending my hand for the stuffed, falling apart, bear, “yup,” I hugged him tightly, both arms squeezing, I felt like a kid, a sort of nostalgia coming over me, thinking about home and everything familiar with it, “Mr. Tickles is riding shotgun,” I lifted the bear, looking into it’s one eye, “aren’t you Mr. Tickles?” I hugged him again.

“Oh yeah?” Demi interjected, laughing, “Does Camila know that she’s been put in the back burner…for a one-eyed teddy?”

We both broke out in a fit of laughs, our laughter subsiding slowly, “thanks for um…”

“Geez Jauregui, are you getting emotional on me already? Because I don’t thinkkk---” I stepped to my best friend, pulling her in my arms for a tight hug.

“It’s going to be hard, not having you minutes away,” I began to sniffle, I’m going to miss her so much, “love you and thank you for everything…”

“Love you too Laur, and I’ll be a phone call away,” she squeezed me a little tighter, “and if you EVER needed me, you know I’m on a flight, no questions asked,” we finally parted, both of us wiping some tears that escaped our eyes.

“Okay,” I grabbed one of my favorite t-shirts, “what about this?”

“Seriously, what is wrong with you?!” she grabbed it out of my hands, holding it up, “NO! For crying out loud Lauren, it has holes in it!” she put it in the ‘toss’ box, “Camila is so lucky you have me as a friend or else you’d be walking around with clothes that have holes in them.”