Fall

Camila’s P.O.V.

It has been a slow week so far; glad I made it to Thursday! It’s been a WEIRD week for lack of a better word; something feels…OFF, yeah off. I haven’t seen Lauren outside of school at all this week, which sucks, but she’s been really busy with her own schoolwork. She actually hasn’t been teaching the last two days and Mr. Lock has been subbing, per usual and he’s STILL boring! I’m not sure why, but it’s felt weird.

I MISS HER, I thought to myself as I exhaled a breath I didn’t even know I was holding; I couldn’t wait to see her today, put my arms around her and pepper her gorgeous face with kisses.

~BUZZZZZ~

GREAT! Late again…good thing my first period teacher is really laid back with me being late, then again, I always do all my work and I’ve never gotten anything below an A in my first period class…actually, I’m pretty sure I’ve got an A in ALL my classes.

I closed my locker shut, “BOOO!”

AHHH!” I jumped back,  “Geez Dinah! You scared the crap out of me!”

I watched my best friend laugh, “Mila…seriously, I do this every other day,” she shook her head amused, “you get scared EVERY time,” she continued to laugh as I flashed her a half smile, I was just off, I can’t quite explain it, but I can feel it in the pit of my stomach, “Mila, what’s going on?”

She knows me too well, “I just…I haven’t seen Lauren for most of the week and she’s been really short with me,” I shook my head, “I just have an off feeling…that’s all.” I confessed and it felt sooooo good.

“Mila,” she rubbed my arm, “I’m sure Ms. Jaur---,” she caught herself and I giggled, “I’m sure Lauren’s just busy with her schoolwork,” she nodded, “I see the way she looks at you, YOU have NOTHING to worry about; besides, you’re probably worse than her, during midterms and finals,” she rolled her eyes at me, “YOU FALL OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH,” I began to laugh.

I am a CLOSETED DORK! Or maybe I’m just a dork.

My stomach felt a little better, she always makes me feel better, “thanks DAWWWGGGG,” I playfully punched her arm, “you always know how to put things in perspective.”

“Never again Mila,” she shook her head, making a face, “you’re never allowed to say ‘DAWWWGGGG’ ever again! I won’t allow it!” we both began to laugh, “um…” her eyes looking past me as I slowly turned around to look at what caught Dinah’s attention, “isn’t that….”

SANTANA LOPEZ…ugh and the feeling was back faster than a bullet.

My eyes wide with shock as I squeezed my books against my chest a little tighter, “Santana….”

“Wait,” Dinah took a step, standing next to me, “what is she doing HERE?” Her gaze turning towards me, my eyes going from Santana then slowly to MY GIRLFRIEND, “and why is she with Ms. Jauregui?”