Banana Pancakes

Lauren’s P.O.V

9PM.

Demi and I sat on my couch, red wine in hand, “so what happened?” she asked as she took a sip.

“Wow Demi, this wine is amazing!” I swished my glass around and took another sip, yeah I was only twenty, but most of my best friends and even my ex, they’ve all been older than me so I’ve been drinking wine for awhile now, “this is just great.”

“I know right!” she took another sip, letting the flavors swish in her mouth, “Selena brought it back from her business trip,” she winked.

“It must be nice having a girlfriend that travels picking out the best wines for a living,” I nodded perking an eyebrow.

She chuckled, “sure is.” She smiled, “but in all seriousness…what happened?”

“The night was perfect, I took her to my favorite Italian Bistro,” Demi nodded knowing exactly which one I was talking about, “and apparently, Santana was there too.” I said wide-eyed.

I watched my best friend almost choke on her wine, “you’re joking?” I shook my head ‘NO’. “…so how was it? Are you okay? Is Camila okay? Santana?”

Leave it to Demi to ask a thousand questions in one breath.

I gestured with my hand for her to slow her roll, “geez, anymore questions,” I let out a chuckle, “Yeah I was surprised to see her since I haven’t seen her in months, but I was fine, just taken by surprise.” I tilted my head and took another sip, “it wasn’t EXACTLY the ideal situation, you know your EX and the person you’re currently in LOOO,” I caught myself, “LIKE, in the same place and it was our first date, I was in shock to be honest.”

“Nice try,” she pressed her lips together, “you LOOOOOVVEEE, this girl.”

“Do not!” I said making a face as I put my wine glass down and crossed my arms.

“Oh no?” she perked an eyebrow, “you should see your face, you look like a twelve year old.” She laughed.

I exhaled, there was no hiding it, my best friend knew me too well, “Camz makes me feel like a twelve year old sometimes,” I smiled shaking my head.

“Oh gosh Jauregui….geez,” she scrunched her face, “I can’t wait to meet the girl that makes you all, giddy!” she made a face, analyzing me, “I’ve never SEEN you like this. It’ precious.” She hopped up near the sink, downed her red wine and made her way back to me.

“Taking off?” she leaned down for a hug.

“Yeah, Selena is almost home and we haven’t seen much of each other,” she kissed my head and made her way towards the door.  “Lauren…”

“Yeah?”

“Next weekend, it’s Selena’s company party, you should bring Camila, it’d be nice to get to know the girl that makes you act like,” she shook her head as a smile began to creep across my face, “like that.” She pointed, “it’ll be perfect, Jade and Perrie will be there too, think about it!” she said closing the door behind her.