Beautiful

Lauren’s P.O.V.

“Ahh, crap, ahhh!” I dropped the spatula as I ran cold water on my hand letting it sooth the sting of the hot batter that splattered on it.

“What’s going on over there?” Demi asked concerned, “Laur you okay?”

“Yeah,” I dried my hand with a towel on the island, “I guess I shouldn’t try flipping pancakes while talking to you at the same time,” I let out a chuckle, “apparently multitasking this morning…not happening for me.”

I heard my best friend laugh on the other end, “wait, wait, wait…you’re cooking?” she said in a questioning tone as if the thought of me cooking was absurd.

YEAAAHHHHH...hold that thought,” I flipped the banana pancake over, “YESSS!!!”

“What?” Demi asked as she let out a chuckle.

“I just flipped a banana pancake…” I said proudly, “it’s perfect!” I beamed.

SERIOUSLY? You’re ACTUALLY cooking? Lauren you NEVER cook!” She said a little shocked.

“What? I COOK!” I replied back making another pancake, “…sometimes,” I said in a whisper as we both began to laugh.

WOW! You’re SO WHIPPED!” my best friend teased and I could hear her laughing…glad she’s enjoying this, alright, alright, maybe I’m a little, whipped…just a little bit, “I’ve known you practically my whole life and your ass has NEVER cooked for me!”

“That’s not true,” I said while putting the cooked pancake on a plate, “I’ve made you dinner before!”

“T.V. dinner’s don’t count Laur!”

We both began to laugh, “Isn’t that what Selena’s for?!”

“Ha!” she laughed,  “yeah…about that, it’s more like ME cooking for her,” her tone proud on the other end.

“…and I’m the one that’s WHIPPED?” I teased right back, “you’re WHIPPED!”

“Yeah…yeah I am,” her voice softening at her confession, admitting defeat, I always admired their relationship, “so…what time is your little cheerleader arriving anyways?” she said in a lustful tone, clearly teasing me again.

I looked up at the clock; it was about 10 minutes before 10am, “soon, I told her to call me when she’s here,” I glanced at the clock again-SOON, “and can you not call her ‘my little cheerleader’ in THAT tone…you make me sound like a perv!”

I could hear her laugh on the other end, “oh come on Laur, it’s pretty hot, teacher sleeping with her underage student, damn that’s like a day time soap waiting to happen! GOTTA LOVE IT!”