part 3

i quickly shoved Jason off me and ran to meet my dad.
"Yeah dad I'm right here"
"OK well that's me home for the night, do u need anything?"
"No I'm good" i replied.
"Get food I'm hungry" i heard Jason mumble from my room.
"Is someone up there?" my dad asked
"No just me, actually i am hungry dad is there anything downstairs to eat?"
"i think there's leftovers from the pizza in the fridge u can have that"
"Okay ill go get it"
"Well I'm going to bed sweetie"
"its only 9:30"
"i know but I'm up early tomorrow, we got the guy who set off the bomb at that funeral, but he tried to run and ended up being shot" my eyes widened after i heard that and i blocked out the rest of my dads story. That was Alex McCann, Jason's brother, something told me Jason had heard what my dad said, so i decided to leave the pizza for now.
"okay well dad in going to go watch a movie or something, goodnight"
"But i thought u were hungry?" he asked
"I changed my mind" i said opening my room door.
"Okay night" he yelled and went to his room downstairs.
I turned to see Jason with his head in his hands, I walked over to him putting my hand on his back "you okay?" i asked.
"They killed my brother" he said raising his voice, "after they said they wouldn't, what am i gonna do know ehh?" he said tears building up in his eyes.
"Hey its okay." i told him pulling him into a hug. As soon as my arms were around him he broke down in tears mumbling things i couldn't understand. He soon fell asleep and i got up to lock my door in case my dad came to check on me. I then changed in to my pyjamas, i wanted to wake Jason to tell him to go under the covers but thought if he was woken he would get upset again so i grabbed a spare blanket from the closet and covered him with that before crawling into bed myself and falling asleep.