Part 14

The ride was silent, Jason was trying to calm himself down, and i was scared that i might say something to get him angry again. We had been in the car for a while though and i was starting to feel tired so i put my head against the window and closed my eyes.

"Are you feeling OK?" Jason broke the silence.

"yeah, just tired" i let out a shaky breathe.

"you've been tired a lot lately."

"yeah i guess so. Hey can we stop for some food?" i asked acting more normal, as he seemed to be back to himself.

"sure ill stop as soon as we pass one. You can sleep till then if you want."

"alright" i feel asleep soon after.

I was woken up sometime later by Jason shaking me. "Hayley come on we are at McDonalds. You still hungry?"

"hmm, yeah"

"okay lets go then." he helped me from the car and into the place.

"were are we know?"

"about 30 miles from Canada, we should get there after about an hour driving."

"good I'm sick of it"

"sorry"

"its not your fault"

"oh well." we sat and eat for a while then get back into the car heading off again.

"where are we staying after we get there?"

"a hotel for a while then we can see if there's any apartments we can afford with the money we both have.

"its not that much you know, i brought the money Ive been saving for college and the money i made from working during the summer."

"i know that, i brought all the money i have and I'm going get a job here to make more."

"i will too"

"no i can handle it"

"I'm getting one, its not like we will be in school so all i would be doing is sitting around in a hotel or apartment all day!"

"OK OK"

"its all going to work out right?" i was getting nervous now that we were actually getting near Canada.

"yeah." he took my hand "we can do this"

"do you promise what happened earlier with Johnson will never happen again?"

"yes. I'm sorry you had to see that. But Ive been putting up with shit from that guy for years, and after he said that i snapped. I hate that you saw me like that."

"i hate that i saw it to. And i never want to see it again, it scared me, you were like a different person."

"its done now i promise."

"good."

"that's us here" he pulled up outside a hotel and we got in the car. Jason grabbed the bags from the boot and we went into the hotel that would be out home for the next few weeks at least.