Part 22

"Get you ass upstairs i don't want to here you for the rest of the night." my dad told me once we finally got back to his house, its not mine anymore.

"Don't worry you wont." i was already halfway upstairs.

"Don't give me that attitude Hayley!"

"What do you want me to be like with you? say thanks dad I'm so glad you dragged me back here.?"

"Its for your own good."

"Whatever, I'm 18 in 3 months anyway, I'm gone then and its for good."

"Well when you are 18 what you do is your choice but now your 17 and that means that you are still a child and i will make sure you don't make stupid decisions!"

"I didn't make a stupid decision i was fine there i was happy there, more then when i was here with you!"

"That might be what you think but i know whats best for you."

"No you don't you barely even know me, you know the 11 year old me and still think I'm her apparently. No wonder mom left you, your a control freak probably tried to control her like you do with me!" Ill admit i was being an absolute bitch but i was just so angry at him right now that i really didn't care. I stormed up the stairs not listening to the reply he was giving me.

1 MONTH LATER

"Happy birthday" i shouted down the phone to Jason, it was his 18th today, i felt bad for not being there.

"Ha ha OK Hayley just deafen me as a present." he replied sleepily, i must have woken him up

"Well its your birthday be excited!"

"Its hard to be excited at 6am"

"Well i forgot there was a 2 hour time difference and you need to be up soon for work anyways."

"thanks for calling"

"i would have called wither or not it was your birthday anyway."

"still"

"I wish i was up there."

"I wish you were too, this place is really quiet without you."

"well its definitely not quiet here, my dads still doing my head in its getting out of control now."

"How?"

"He doesn't let me out his sight, i have to go down to the station with him when he has work and go with him when he goes out and anytime he does leave me in myself he locks the door."

"sounds shit"

"It is. So what you doing today for your birthday?"

"Going out with a few guys from work tonight, nothing big."

"You better behave" i was half teasing him, half being serious.

"I always do"

"Yeah sure Jason whatever you say." i laughed.

"I'm not sure if i should be offended by that."

"You shouldn't, listen i need to go my dads shouting on me. Ill text you later, love you."

"Love you too, bye." i hung up and went to see what my dad wanted.

"What?" i asked

"Get ready we are going to the station." he said, i sighed I'm sick of that place and everyone in it, they all just pretend I'm not there anyway. I don't blame Jason for hating them anymore. I got dressed and headed downstairs to meet my dad and went out to the car, after a 5 minute car drive we were there and i went over to the seat i've spent the last month sitting in, doing nothing at all.

"Stay here and don't cause any trouble." my dad warned me

"Yeah i know the drill." i told him before he walked away to his office, he could have at least let me in there, there was a computer there so i could keep myself busy but no i sit in the waiting room all day, surrounded by all the weirdos that get brought in. I got out my phone and started playing random games to pass the time, then i heard somebody sit beside me.

"Well look who's here, McCanns bird." A boy said, i hated being called that, i have a name of my own.

"Its Hayley" i said looking up, then noticed who it is, "Marc, what are you doing here.?"

"Picking up my little brother, he got caught spray painting a wall." Marc was Jason's best friend, well pretty much only friend really he didn't like letting a lot of people in, one in case somebody told the police something he did and two because he thought people just left him. He wouldn't tell anybody that, its true though he started to think that after Alex died, or was killed by my dad, that thought was kinda awkward.

"Kinda pathetic thing to get arrested for." i said to Marc coming out my thought.

"Well we cant all be bad asses like your boyfriend." he laughed, "Where is Jason anyway."

"Umm Canada."

"What did he do that was so bad he had to leave the country?"

"Nothing he just umm we left actually. moved up there together."

"But your here now."

"You don't say"

"seriously why you here?"

"long story short my dad found me and brought me back."

"Ha no luck, guess that's what happened when your dads a cop."

"Yup"

"The bomber and the cops daughter. I still find that funny."

"He's behaving himself now actually."

"Believe it when i see it."

"He honestly is."

"that's what he tells you."

"meaning?"

"Look the guys my best friend and all but we both know what he is like."

"Well i believe him, he promised me he was done with it"

"OK, i was only saying." Just then my dad walked out with a boy who looked about 13 maybe 14 and Marc stood up.

"You here for him?" my dad asked

"Yeah."

"Fine come sign somethings then you can leave."

"OK. Ill see you later Hayley, tell Jason i was asking for him."

"I will, see ya" Marc walked away with my dad and i went back to playing on my phone.