Saved???

When I wake up, my head is pounding and my body is in excruciating pain. I look at my body to see my arms and my sides carefully bandaged.

  The next thing I notice is the room isn't mine. I don't usually explore the house so it's understandable that I wouldn't recognize this room. But this doesn't look like anything my parents would do. We have money but the way the room is decorated, it looks like what only I could imagine Kolten or Aaron's family could afford. I've only been to the first floor of Aaron's house so this could be his place. He lives like 1 block away from me.

  I try to explore the room a little more to find that aside from the black and gold designed room and only found that there's a goth themed bathroom to go with the room. I didn't want to go out to find out I'm in my own house and about to get beaten again. I didn't want to eat because breathing already brought severe pain to me. I just wanted to stay in this room until I die.

  Although the room was a gothic theme it had some artistic, uplifting accents to it. After spending like 5 more minutes studying the room I walked back to the fluffy bed. I eased into the sheets and tried to go to sleep.

I woke up later, I had no idea what time or what day it was. There's been some food left on the edge of the bed for me. It was still kind of hot. I assume they were recently in the room.

  I took a good look at the food, it was hispanic food. There was paella, flan, and horchata. Oh my god, I wish I could eat this food. I want to but it would hurt so bad. I just stare at my food longingly. How good it would feel to put something in my stomach. That's when the words my mother had so cruelly spat at me rang in my head. "You fat ugly pig of a daughter!!!"

The words just echoed in my mind. It made me sick. I ran to the bathroom and started puking. Whilst I was emptying my guts someone walked in, "I hope it wasn't my cooking that caused that." Hearing his voice made me slump.

"Aaron..." I could feel myself tearing up. I was weak and he saw it. I curled myself into a ball and started sobbing. I didn't want to see him, I didn't want to get up, I didn't want to do anything. I just wanted to disappear.

"Julia," he never says my real name. "Why didn't you tell any of us?" I just kept crying. I refused to answer.

"Jules," I heard Jace's soft voice come froma distance, but I just continued sobbing on the floor. "Please talk to me baby. I know it hurts."

I don't know why but whenever someone begs me for anything I go crazy. I get mad from people asking if I'm okay. It makes me angry because I don't like feeling pitied or weak. He was getting ready to ask again but I cut him off, "SHUT UP!!! JUST SHUT UP!! I DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!! LET ME CRY IN PEACE!"

I was sobbing. I was broken. I couldn't stop. I just pushed everyone away. I knew I hurt him so when I fixed my breathing I spoke softly through my sobs, "I-I-I'm sorry, please just leave." Jace's heavy steps and door slamming told me that he had left the room.

Though, Jace had left Aaron stayed beside me and gave me a letter, "It's from Jace..." he said softly.

I wiped my face and opened the letter.

Dear Jules,
I know this is the worst time to tell you this, but I heard about you and Lucas yesterday. I don't know if I can deal with you maybe having feelings for him. And so, as much as it hurts me to do this, I have to let go. I'm so so sorry.
Sincerely, Jace

Before I knew it more tears were streaming down my face. I didn't know how to stop. My world had spiraled down farther  in a matter of hours and I couldn't do anything to stop it.

  "Shhhhhh.." Aaron tried conforting me. He picked me up off the floor and into his arms to coo at me. I'll be honest, it calmed me down but then I remembered his girlfriend Lyla and pushed him away. I slowly got up being cautious of the bruises and wounds.

  "You seriously need to realize that pushing me away isn't going to do anything." He lectured me.

  "And you- seriously- need to- realize that your - girlfriend doesn't like me and that- I need to respect boundaries." I said between winces from trying to bury myself into bed.

  "We broke up last week." His words stopped me in my tracks.

  "Oh." Was all I could manage to say. And then something popped up into my mind.

  "Wait, how did I end up here? Who's house is this? Who saved me?" Aaron's face had become sorrowful in looking at me.

  "Well..."

Word count: 873 words

Author's note: hey guys! I know this one was short but I just updated earlier today and I wanted to give you another chapter for fun. My chapters will usually range from 1050-2000 words. Every now and then of course I have to cut it short. Just a heads up next chapter will be explainjng how Aaron saved her and how Jace found out about Lucas.