Finding New Love

Lucas' POV

  A few days after the dance I started getting close to this one girl named Aria. She was practically perfect. She was 5'0, pretty, had fair skin, beautiful body, and black hair that went down to her even more beautiful heart.

We started talking at the start of the school year. She was really funny and things were kind of awkward but she was just flat out perfect for me. She had these big brown eyes that would bring light to any mood that I was in and she was just so fragile.

When I had confessed she told me how she felt too. I was so happy. I didn't how to react. I immediately asked her to be my girlfriend and she made me the happiest 14 year old guy on the planet.

Everything was going great. There was no news about Julia that reached me and all that matter was me and my beautiful girlfriend. She was nothing like Julia. She didn't try to annoy me or challenge me. She never called me names or sarcastically said I was smart. She was just a normal, kind, funny, silly girl.

It had never occurred to me that I had been completely comparing her to Julia the first few weeks we started dating. And when it did I stopped. I just loved her for her.

It was all fine and dandy until I heard that Julia had gotten a new boyfriend about 2 months after the dance. I felt a pang of jealousy strike me in the chest but I tried to not let it affect me. I shouldn't have been bothered. I had a wonderful, beautiful, kind girlfriend and I didn't need anything else.

I know! I know! It was a really short chapter. Don't be mad. I updated earlier to make up for this short chapter. I just needed to catch you guys up on all the confusion about why Julia and Lucas didn't end up together.