Attempted Confessions

Julia's POV

Once we had all spoken what's going on in our lives we resumed to just hanging out.

"I love you guys." I don't know why I said it. I just did.

Aaron responded before anyone else had the chance to. "We love you too."

We all just smiled at each other and continued to make jokes and talk about the past few years together. We even talked about the time that Kolton smoked alone and then went on his porch to chill and imagined he was being attacked by gnomes. We were all just having fun.

At around 12, we decided to call it a night. Everyone was hugging each other saying, "See you tomorrow."

Esperanza went home and I was left all alone with Aaron. We were cleaning up the very little amount of mess there was left.

"Hey Juene?" He called out to me while I was picking up a red solo cup.

"Mmh?" I hummed in response while walking towards the trash can.

"Thanks for staying behind to help me clean up, but if you're tired you should go home." He said as he headed to catch up to me.

"Trying to get rid of me now are we? What are we back to 7th grade?" I turned around to tease him.

"It's not that. I just feel like, what if our friends get the wrong idea about us with you staying here late." He spoke with embarrassment visible in his cheeks.

Seriously? Since when does he care about what our friends think. I used to hang out here all the time when he was with Lyla.

"It's okay, I know when I'm not wanted." I told him. I picked up my stuff and headed out the door.

"Julia, hey. C'mon, don't be like that." He tried to chase after me.

I stopped and turned around. "What? You never had this problem before. What's your problem now?" He stood there silent and then looked surprised.

I turned around and met a hand being dragged across my face. Ouch... When I bring my head back around to face the person who smacked me I find Lyla.

"Sleeping with my man the first chance you get? Why am I not surprised?" Lyla's annoying nasal voice spoke as she placed her hand on her waist

I just looked at her for a moment before speaking. "Your man? I'm sorry, I forgot you have dementia." I brought my face closer to hers and spoke loudly, "YOU AND AARON ARE NO LONGER TOGETHER AND AARON IS A HUMAN NOT PROPERTY."

She knitted her eyebrows together in annoyance and cursed me out before stretching her arm out to punch me. I dodged her punch and grabbed her arm, pulled her towards me, brought her arm behind her back and twisted it. I whispered in her ear, "Next time you wanna pull a cheap shot on me at least challenge me a bit."

She winced in pain and screamed, "Aaron! Help me! She's crazy! Get this bitch off of me!"

I looked back to see a laughing Aaron. I gave him a look before releasing her. She stood there and looked at me like a little girl about to throw a tantrum. I just stepped forward and threatened with a "Boo!"

With that she went running. Well, as fast as you can go in those tight sneakers she likes to wear.

"Okay, where were we before that psychotic ex interrupted? Oh yeah. You were trying to chase me away. Peace." I told him as I backed up to walk away.

"Julia!" I crossed my arms and turned around. I glared at him for a moment.

"Do you know why she became my psychotic ex?" I just shook my head and gave him an expecting face.

"She wanted me to choose between you and her. I would never ever ever want to lose you. I...I..." He just trailed off.

"You what?!" I screamed at him already frustrated.

He didn't respond so instead I reluctantly told him, "I don't have time for this Aaron. When you're ready to talk to me then do it. See you tomorrow." I walked off into the night and towards Esperanza's house.

When I got to her house I walked up the stairs and opened her room door. God, I wish I would have just went straight to my room.

"Cryus..." She moaned.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH! WHAT THE?!?!?! AHHHHHHH?!" I screamed

"AHHHHH!!!!!!" They continued to scream and I slammed the door closed.

What the hell? My god, they're like rabbits. I did not just see that.

"Hey..." Esperanza tried to act like nothing happened.

"WE ARE NOT EVER SPEAKING ABOUT THIS!" I just wanted to act like that never happened.

"Well, if you wanted you could've joined in." Cyrus joked.

I could hear the clap that her hand made to his head. I laughed a little when I heard him go "OW!"

"Let's just go to sleep." I spoke while tucking myself into bed.

"Okay." Cyrus grabbed onto Esperanza and tried dragging her into my bed. I looked for an open spot and kicked him in the balls.

He winced and they both left the room turning off the light and closing the door on their way out.

The next day at school Aaron told me he needed to tell me something at his house. He's been acting a little bit differently since he and Lyla broke up I really hope he's okay. I remember that he told me about Lyla giving him an ultimatum. I'm thankful that he chose me.

I took time to think about it throughout the day. I really just want to give him a hug. I feel horrible because he lost the first girl he has ever really liked.

The day couldn't have passed by any slower. When it was over I ran to Aaron's house.

I knocked on the door and when he opened the door I jumped up to give him a hug.

"I'm so so sorry that I was so insensitive about your breakup. I was so caught up in my own drama." I tried to continue but he cut me off.

"Hey hey shhhh. It's okay. You had your own stuff going on."

Word Count: 1041

Author's Note: Hehehehehe. Cliff hanger!!! Don't worry I'll update in a few hours. HEHHEHEHEHEHEHHEhHH