Chpater 53

Someone was calling my name.

At least I thought they were.

Their words were... blurry? Was that possible? Could sound be... blurry? The sound faded in and out but I couldn't seem to concentrate on what the were saying. It would help if I could open my eyes to see what was actually going on around me.

What I assumed was blood dripped down my forehead and my lip was fat and swollen. I was leaning against something metal and uncomfortable, the few places it had contact with my back poked into me. Rope had been tied around my wrists and whatever I was resting on. It must have been a shelf. Probably. I had tried to open my eyes and succeeded, hardly. The breath I took was almost sent me into a never ending fit of coughs.

I shifted, trying to mess with the rope but instead was hit with such a sharp that I had to try to yell in pain.

My already broken arm felt as though it was shattered and the terrible bandage job I had done was barely hanging on. I squirmed into a somewhat (if that was possible) more comfortable position.

"Leigh. Are you okay?" Someone barked at me. My head shot up and I was finally aware of where I was.

Dean and Sam wore similar expressions.

Their eyebrows knotted in worry, frowns, and rigid bodies that were trying to break from their matching restraints. We stared at each other. My eyes flicking back and forth from their faces.

"Sam? Dean?" It barely came out in a whisper.

"Hey. Hey. Hey," Dean leaned forward despite our distance, "are you okay? What happened to you are you hurt?" The dim fluorescent lights burned my eyes and I blinked a few time.

"I-I'm fine," my voice was a bit louder, "nothing major." I struggled to swallow because of how dry my throat was. Sam opened his mouth to say something but dean was quick to interrupt.

"What the hell. Where have you been. Do you have any idea how worried we've been. We drove around over damn near half the country looking for you." I didn't have words for what I did and couldn't think of a response.

"Dean," Sam said nervously, "calm down a sec. Lets figure out what's going on."

"Well well well. Looks like it's the family circus." Crowley cooed. His shoes tapped against the floor and echoed through the decaying warehouse. He looked as I remembered him. Same black suit, haircut, and punchable face. My shoulders tensed and I gritted my teeth. "Took me long enough to get this little family reunion together," he mocked, "because of you. I can't believe it took us so long to track down a Winchester. Especially a child."

I shot him a glare instead of a response before Dean spoke up.

"Crowley," he growled.

"Dean," Crowley shot back, "pleasure to see you two again. Thrilling."

"What do you want?" Sam got straight to the point.

"You two are hardly of the importance." As he spoke he raised his eyebrows and spun. The clicking of his shoes was muffled as he moved closer to me. The shelf pressed onto my back while I leaned away from instinct. "We'll see if you're even needed. That's up to her."

"What does that mean?" Dean barked and Crowley rolled his eyes.

"Really squirrel, the least you can do is let me explain before interrupting. Has anyone taught you manners?"

"Then start explaining." Sam demanded.

"God is still M.I.A. and no one can seem to find out what his next move is. What we know for sure is he is thinking of having a possible change in employees," while the king of hell talked, he faced me to let my brothers know that they weren't important in this. "What I need is some- what's the word, insurance."

"So what exactly does this have to do with me?" I spoke up for the first time.

"Here's my deal," he paced again but this time it was more dramatic, "you come to hell with me where you'll be treated with hospitality and proper care until I can decide my next move." He stared at me with raised eyebrows and an expression that seemed like he wanted no harm to come to me.

"And if I refuse?"

With a snap of his fingers Sam and Dean were doubled over in pain. They groaned and their veins turned a faint purple.

"What're you doing?!" I asked horrified.

"If you refuse, they're dead. Accept and they'll be fine."

I pulled against the restraints in any effort to help them. The purple travelled through each vein and with each second became brighter.

"Leigh - don't -" They tried to speak but each breath sped up the crawling color under their skin.

"Just- just stop." I stuttered out. My eyes were wide and I tugged again. The pain and my arm shot up through my body and I slipped from my position on my knees sitting on my hip.

"So," he casually replied, "do we have a deal?"

I glanced back and forth from Sam to Dean. They continued to protest but I knew what I had to do. I glared up at Crowley.

"Yes."

Without any time to say goodbye or apologize or even look their way, I was gone.