Chapter 47

"Good morning." He chirped and I rubbed at my eyes.

"How long was I asleep?" I mumbled before yawning.

"Four hours." He stated nonchalantly. My head whipped towards him and I narrowed my eyes.

"I told you to wake me up wh-"

"And I didn't listen." He interrupted while I continued to stare. I leaned back in my chair and crossed my arms. "You needed to rest."

"I was fine." I retorted keeping my eyes downward.

"Oh yea I bet, because falling asleep at the wheel means you're just full of energy. "

Cue eye roll.

"How did you sleep?" He asked quietly. Shrugging I sighed.

"Alright."

"Any cool dreams?"

It felt as if he knew I had dreamed about him.

Once upon a time Seth and I were... "Together". We both liked each other but never made a move. And then we almost died (what's new?) so we went on a date. It was very casual but I had a great time. We went and bought ice cream and ate it by the Statue of Liberty at around midnight. Things went somewhat quickly and pretty soon it was dating without the title. Things ended about 3 weeks after that when I just didn't think it would work.

"No." I mumbled.

The only sound was from the engine and the rain but we sat there, not saying a word. It was nice though. I was going to offer to drive but I wasn't to stay where I was a little bit longer and take everything in. The car smelt like apples and gunpowder ( a surprisingly good flavor) and I breathed it in.

"Remember the first time we kissed?" He asked while looking over at me. I smiled and he mirrored my action.

"Yea, and we smashed our noses against each other and had big bruises on them?" We both laughed recalling the memory.

"Yea and Trent just knew what happened when we got back and kept hinting at it?"

"Or the time when we were trying to go on a date but Trent got possessed so we turned that into our date." I mused.

"Oh yea! I almost forgot about that! Oh, and then we went on the date in the haunted diner and the ghost managed to burn off a bunch of your hair!"

"Oh my god yes! And I was so mad!" We were laughing like two normal teenagers now. Both recalling memories that were positive even though almost everything else in their lives had been negative. Our giggles filled the small space along with the rain and humming of the car.

"I still never got over you...obviously." He stated sadly. My smile faltered just slightly but it returned in an instant.

"Maybe I never got over you." I retorted while turning to face forward. He did a double take before excitedly responding.

"Really?!"

I opened my mouth to speak but instead turned to face the flashing red and blue lights behind us.