Chapter 9 - Escape

I got dragged out of the plane onto a roof that overlooked the city, and right in front of the building was my house. My old house. The one I'd lived and been raised in. 

"Welcome back madam." The butler bowed as my dad led me into the house.

"She's not madam anymore." My father replied gruffly before pulling me through a trap door in the floor.

He shoved me down the stairs and threw me into the single cell with iron bars and no window. My father slammed the door shut and locked it before walking upstairs and locking the trapdoor. I curled up tight, feeling miserable with a lump in my throat. I was back in the place of my childhood, and my nightmares. 

__________________________________________

I bit through the stale bread that my old maid had given me. I'd had better food in that house but I didn't question the staleness. I gave my cell a proper look, I didn't have enough time to look around it because I was too busy crying. I saw brown and red stains on the walls and floor. Everything was covered in a thick layer of rust and a flickering bulb hung on the ceiling. Suddenly the trapdoor opened again, and my maid came down the crooked stairs.

"Madam! I forgot to get you water." She kindly handed the cup over.

"I'm not your madam anymore." I replied, taking the water and gulping it down. It tasted clear and clean.

"You are still to me, Sage." I looked up in surprise as she used my real name. "I know how you hate to be here madam, and I want you to be as comfortable as possible." 

"You can't do this, you'll receive a punishment!" I protested.

"Madam the master treats us horribly anyways, it's not going to make a difference if I help you out." My maid fiercely retorted.

"Well..." I hesitated, still unsure whether to allow her to help me. "I do want to get out of here. I want to leave this house entirely."

"But...." She was speechless. "I thought that you wanted to come home!"

"I never did." I shook my head.

"You always seemed so happy here." Her eyes betrayed the heartbreak she was feeling.

"This house has never held happy memories, I need to get out. I was living an amazing life before this. Before I came back here. I have to get back there." I insisted.

"Alright. I'll steal the keys from the master's bedroom when he's eating. Whilst he is asleep I will give you the freedom you wish for." My maid bowed. "But you must promise one thing!" She turned around as she went to leave.

"What is it?" I looked up at her as I curled up on the floor.

"Free us." She whispered.

"What?" I couldn't hear her properly.

"Free us, the maids, the servants, the butler! The master abuses us! He beats us! Please, you have to help us!" Her eyes were welling up with tears.

"I'll do my best." I replied.

She hesitated as if she was about to force a promise out of me but then thought better of it. 'I'll do my best' was the only thing she was going to get. She bowed before leaving me. I curled up, hoping that Genji was on his way to save me. I needed a way to get back to Switzerland if I was going back to the base.

__________________________________________________________________

*Genji's POV*

"Commander!" I yelled, running swiftly to the Commander's office. I pulled the door open to see the Captain and him talking seriously. "Uh..." I stuttered as they looked up at me. I suddenly felt very embarassed beneath my metallic body.

"What is it? Out with it Genji!" Captain Ana frowned.

"Hyacinth's been kidnapped!" I blurted.

Commander Morrison muttered something that sounded like 'Sage.' but that couldn't be possible. Hyacinth's real name was... Hyacinth! Right? I shook my head to get rid of those thoughts. "We need to do something!" I pressed.

"Do you know where she is?" Ana asked.

"She put a tracker on her. She should still have it on her." I replied.

"How do you know all this?" Morrison asked me.

I launched into the story of how Hyacinth got tricked and how we got ambushed and I followed her. I finished, breathless. It was a long story and I was tired. I handed a small card, about the size of half your thumb. "This should be tracking her."

They slotted it into the table and a hologram appeared, a blinking red dot in one of the many buildings. Morrison's face hardened when he saw it and Ana's face whitened. "She's at her old home."

"We need to go now!" I insisted.

They reslotted the card into a small circular disk and the dot appeared on a map. "We need to get a rescue team. No one kidnaps an Overwatch agent and gets away with it." Morrison handed the disk to me. "Get together a small group. Me, Ana and Mercy will knock on the door and see if we can get her back diplomatically. Reyes will go in with you and McCree to get in. Blackwatch is needed for this. Bring Zinnia, D.Va and Pharah in case things go wrong." He told me.

I nodded before zipping off to find the members.

______________________________________________________________

My dad fished out the tracker in my sleeve. "You thought you could call them here could you?" He snarled in my face as he dropped the tracker on the floor.

I turned my head away, my face stone cold.

"Come on Sage." His voice was beside my ear. "Apologise!" His voice turned rough as he slapped me.

I didn't respond just praying that Genji would come at any moment. My father threw me back into the cell, bleedings from my arms, stomach and legs. He'd cut me with the same knife that killed my mother, the blade still rusted with old blood.

That night my maid came into my cell and opened it quietly. "Ssshh, the master is sleeping." She whispered.

I nodded as I crept out. I sneaked out the door and ran for it as my dad woke up. I ran as far as I could from my old home. I sank to my knees, sobbing as I heard cries of pain. My father was beating my maid for letting me escape. I curled up in an alleyway, similar to the one I'd curled up when I'd first ran away. I closed my eyes and fell into a painful sleep.

Do you know what Hyacinth forgot to do? Speculate in the comments :) I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I am back on track now! :) If you have any improvements or suggestions please comment below!