Chapter 14 - Preparation

Note: Hyacinth's costume thing is NOT a ball gown or a dress. It's kind of like a dress but it's not a full one that's why she has leggings. Just wanted to make that clear (I should probably put a picture on this story) I'll try and put the picture on the next few chapters (I have drawn it I just need to bother to put it on :) Back to the story.

Symmetra put up turrets at the bottom entrance as Torbjorn went to the top entrance and built his turret.While they were occupied, Commander Morrison called a meeting.

"Everybody, gather around. We must guard the main entrance well. Symmetra and Torbjorn will tell us if their turrets are firing at anything in the entrances they are in. Reinhardt, you are positioned at the main entrance as well as Bastion. Mercy you will be helping the people at the main entrance. Lucio will be moving around. Zenyatta you will stay behind Reinhardt's shield. D.Va and Pharah you will be up above. D.Va use the platforms around the area to spy. Pharah you will take the skies. Hanzo and Ana also use the platforms. Tracer, Genji, McCree, you will flank them. Don't get killed out there, Ana will help you out if you really need it. Mei, Zinnia, Hyacinth, Junkrat, you are our best chances at defending the area, as well as the tanks. Which reminds me, Winston! Roadhog! You will be in the fight with the defense, Orisa you will go where you are needed." Morrison finished. "Defenders drop down from above if they advance. Ana, Hanzo, D.Va stay above, don't get caught."

"Let's go!" I beckoned to Zinnia as Mei ran off.

I ran past the training bots which were all turned off and teleported up to the higher areas. I found myself beside Genji as I waited in the shadows for the attack. We remained in tense silence as Zinnia and Tracer raced to the other side of the area. Mei and McCree went to the high area right in front of the building.

Hours passed and night fell when I spotted Pharah's jets flash as she boosted up in the sky. I glimpsed D.Va's game screen as she sat. I saw Zinnia produce a faintly glowing flower. I concentrated and my gems glowed softly, as an orb of light grew, hovering over my hand, my fingertips lightly touching the surface of the orb. I suddenly glimpsed a black shape, big enough to be a jet, rush past the base, and my eyes widened in alarm.

"Take out your lights!" I hissed as I snapped my hand closed, the orb quenching in my clenched fist.

The lights that were bringing light to the darkness suddenly went out, and we were plunged in black. "What do you see out there?" Morrison murmured, after our eyes had adjusted to the darkness.

"The jets are coming." Zinnia breathed as more black shapes zipped across the sky, silent, but deadly.

My ears were filled with the sound of a helicopter as it stopped right above us. It started to descend slowly, but surely.

"What do we do?" I cried out.

"Wait. Do not attack before they make the first move, I repeat, do not attack before they make the first move"I spotted the Captain running from her platform to Commander Morrison.

The helicopter landed right before us, and the propellers slowed and stopped as the door opened and out stepped my father. I immediately tensed and Genji brushed his hand against my arm, warning me to keep still.

"Greetings!" My father strided forward, smiling a sickly smile.

The Commander stepped through Reinhardt's shield, close enough to be able to retreat if needed. "Hello, what brings you to our base?"

"Could we come to an agreement and forget all that's behind us?" His eyes were wide and innocent, but I knew what was going on in that mind of his.

"I highly doubt my agents will be able to forget everything that happened. Especially Hyacinth."

"Her name is Sage," My father spoke through gritted teeth, his mouth still pulled up in a smile, but his eyes glinted dangerously.