Chapter 11 - Control Your Feelings

I raised my head from Mercy cleaning my wound from the back of my neck down to my left side of my hip. It had taken a thorough cleaning as I'd writhed on the floor. Ana had to come over and put a sleep dart on me to stop me from moving. Now I sat at the ramp from the plane to the ground, waiting for Mercy to finish fixing my bandages into place.

The door to my house suddenly swung open, my father marched into the garden.

"What do you idiots think you're doing here?" He yelled.

Reyes immediately stood up and strode toward him, stopping at the hedge that surrounded the property. "Technically speaking sir, we are not trespassing, we are simply observing the area. You have no right to tell us to get off your property when we aren't even on your property!"

His eyes flicked up to behind my father to D.va on the rooftop. Pharah noticed and floated quickly to her, pulling her mech away from the edge so that no one could see them from the front of the house. My father looked up to where they once were but evidently saw nothing.

He turned back to Reyes. "You Overwatch agents have caused me trouble enough! I order you to get out of my sight!" Suddenly he saw me sitting on the ramp, looking at the scene unfolding before me. "Sage!" My father's voice turned sickeningly sweet. "Come here!"

Mercy tightened her grip on my arm, clearly telling me not to comply. I sighed and nodded before turning my head away, my long hair hiding my face.

"Come here!" He shouted.

He made to go to me but Reyes blocked him. "I'm sorry sir but we cannot guarantee Sage's safety if you leave the premises."

"What do you mean? I'm her father!" Zinnia walked to me on the ramp as my father raged. She sat down and looked on at the scene without a word.

"I'm sorry sir b-" Reyes began but my father shoved his way past him and started running to me.

My eyes widened in alarm and I made to run as well but was stopped by Ana. "It'll be fine, the Commander will take care of it."

I looked back to see Morrison stepping in front of my father and blocking him. "In the meantime, you forgot something when you got kidnapped." Ana continued, dragging my attention away from them.

She pulled out a familiar pair or bracelets and a necklace. I sighed in relief. "Thank you so much Captain!"

"You wouldn't be able to do much without them." She replied before walking to the Commander.

I slipped the bracelets on and Zinnia helped me put my necklace on. I walked out to find Morrison holding my father back.

"I have to get her!" He yelled.

I paused, wondering whether to confront him leave it. I shook my head, making up a decision. I walked to him quickly and purposefully. Everyone froze as I neared, staring at me.

"Stop." I looked at him straight in the eye.

Everyone was speechless.

"You have caused me so much pain, so much heartbreak. I can't live or be near you anymore!" Tears brimmed at my eyes. "You killed my mother, you beat the servants. You purposefully injure me and cut me with the same knife you killed my mother with! Why do you think I'll even stand to see you?" My voice raised. "I left you, I left a home of comfort and pain to come to an alleyway. I thought I was going to die but Overwatch found me. They cared for me so kindly I didn't know it was possible. I had a life, a good one. I had a good and happy life with good friends. And then you had to come along and ruin it! Why?" I shouted. "How could you do this? I was so happy! I was loved! And then I remembered you!" My face screwed up as I said 'you'.

I was losing it, breaking down. The control I had over my feelings over the years was slipping right through my fingers and I didn't stop it, didn't choose to lock them up. Tears were streaming down my face like a waterfall. Anger that I'd never felt before surged through me. I punched him in the jaw, feeling it dislocate. He howled with pain as I picked him up and threw him a few metres. I barely registered the 'Hyacinth!' someone yelled out as I took my anger out on him. I didn't notice that I'd created a blue, energy blade with the gems until a hand wrapped around my arm, holding it there, keeping me from becoming a murderer. The red faded from my eyes and I blinked in shock at what I saw before me. My father, sweating profusely, lying on the ground as I raised my hand, ready to plunge the blade into his soft stomach.

"Hyacinth." A familiar, smooth voice whispered in my ear. "Put the blade down."

I looked up in shock at my hand, and I started shaking. The blade dissipated and I let my arm drop. Genji gently pulled me away from my father as I looked on in shock. Everyone was staring at me as my father ran back into his property. 

"What got into you?" Zinnia asked me. "You were fighting better than I've ever seen you! But that blaze in your eyes was scary!"

Tears welled up in my eyes as I trembled. Genji pulled me into a comforting hug as the Commander walked over.

"Well..." He said after a few moments. "I'll have to increase your training."

"Don't put too much pressure on her right now." Mercy tugged me away from Genji. "Sage has had a nasty shock, she needs rest. She needs to calm down."

I sat on a bench as Mercy injected calming liquids into my body. I felt my heart rate slow down and the adrenaline dissipate. Ana walked in and Mercy gave her a warning glare.

"Don't worry I just need to speak to her about her feelings." She reassured her. The Captain sat down next to me. "I need to know if you can control your feelings on the battlefield. There will be a battle soon. We need to know if it is safe to put you on the frontlines."

I swallowed. "Yes... I just... needed to let that anger out..." 

"Good." Ana put a hand on my shoulder. "But please don't supress your fighting skills. They're good." She got up and walked out as Mercy came back and measured my heart rate.

"You seem to be perfectly fine, nothing dangerously close to a heart attack. That's all I can fix. You'll just have to fix your feelings. You'll be alright?" She looked into my eyes.

I nodded. "Yes, yes I'll be fine."

"Good, we'll need you on the battle-field." Mercy stood up as Zinnia and Genji rushed over to me.

I hope you liked this chapter! If you have any suggestions or improvements please comment so I can make my story better :) BTW sorry for any typos, I wrote half of this on my phone. ALSO BTW I'll try and even out my publishing schedule :).

 ALSO BTW I'll try and even out my publishing schedule :)