Chapter 14| False Attacks

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to you, TeaforAlee! Thank you so much for your amazing art! I would also like to thank all of you readers for 1k views! Thank you so much! It means a lot to me! I hope you are enjoying the story!

Your eyes slowly opened. You looked around and became more aware of your surroundings. Your realized that you were in the castle's lounge area. You felt your head resting on someone's lap. You lifted your head and looked up to see who you were with. You laid eyes on Keith's adorable sleeping face. The two of you fell asleep on the couch after everyone went to sleep. 

You got up and gave Keith a friendly kiss on the cheek before you left the lounge area. You decided that it would be best for you to go take a shower since you haven't showered since you left Earth. Allura said that you were welcome to use her shower. You quietly walked back to your room to retrieve the clothing that Allura had given you. You treated it like your 'uniform'. Before you took your clothes from off your bed, you glanced over at the digital clock that was beside your bed. "6:45 am" it read. It used to be in Altean time but, Pidge changed it for you. Once you had your clothes, you walked up the staircase that lead to Allura's room. You quietly knocked on the door once you reached it.

"Allura?" You asked groggily.

She didn't answer so you asked again, "Allura?" Allura still didn't answer. You presumed she was either asleep or awake so you entered her room. Allura wasn't in her bed so you assumed she was awake. You very sleepily walked over to Allura's closet and pulled out a white, fluffy towel. You then tucked it under your arm and walked into the bathroom. You pushed the shower's sliding glass door aside. The shower was a little different from the ones they had on Earth. There was a silver button in the exact middle of the shower. There were four shower heads that were placed all over the interior of the shower. 

"Ummm, okay?" You said as you began to undress. 

You hopped in and pushed the silver button. The four shower heads began to pour out ice cold water. You jumped when it made contact with your skin. You pushed the silver button a second time. The water's temperature began boiling hot. You shrieked when it poured onto you. You pressed the button a third time. The water became warm and calming. 

"Ahhhh! That's great!" You said to yourself. 

The hot water was very relaxing. It allowed you to let loose and to do you favourite thing in the shower, sing. You began to belt out Beyoncé songs as you grabbed a blue bottle of what you assumed was shampoo. Luckily, it was shampoo. You massaged it into your scalp and continued to sing. Not long after, an alarm started to go off in the castle. You heard Allura's voice on the speaker, yelling over the alarm.

"Everyone wake up now! Zarkon is attacking the castle!"

"Oh crap," You said as you pushed the silver button. The shower turned off. You ran out of the shower and grabbed your towel. You very tightly wrapped it around you, making sure you were fully covered. You then darted off out of the washroom.

"We are about to be killed!" You heard Allura say as you ran down the staircase. Your wet feet caused you to slip and elegantly fall down the stairs. When you reached the bottom you swore loudly and re-adjusted your towel and continued to run. 

"We need to form Voltron!" Allura yelled. "We don't have much time!"

You rounded a corner and ran even faster when you heard Coran's voice on the speaker. "Allura is dead! She's been decapitated! But wait! Her head is trying to speak to me! What do you need Princess? I'm here!"

You reached the door and opened it. Everyone (except for Lance) were standing there staring at the middle of the room. You walked up to them to see what they were staring at. Coran and Allura were standing in there unharmed.

"I guess this wasn't an actual attack," Shiro said.

"What the hell are you doing?!" You yelled as you walked over to Keith and stood beside him. Everyone was staring at you. "What? I was in the shower,"

"You're lucky that this wasn't a real attack. Coran how long did it take them to get here?" Allura sharply said.

"Seventy-five degrees. Wait hold on a tic. Sorry that's my meat thermometer,"

"Whatever. You took too long. You have to always be ready for Zarkon. Look at you five! Only Shiro is in uniform! And (Y/N)! You're not even fully clothed! You're in a towel!" Allura scolded.

"Well, I'm sorry! I wanted to take a shower so that I don't smell terrible," You yelled back. You were suddenly very annoyed. The morning wasn't exactly your favourite time of day.

Allura ignored you and continued to shout. "Keith, Hunk, Pidge. You don't have your bayards and where is Lance?"

Lance suddenly popped into the room. He is fully dressed in blue pyjamas and carrying a cup of water. "Hey guys. What's going on?"

"Coran and I have been up since dawn! We've been up getting the castle back in order. (Y/N), as one of my co-pilots it's your job to be up here with me and Coran,"

"I thought the whole part of dropping out of school and leaving Earth, was for us to sleep in," You sneered.

"No the whole point of you leaving Earth was for us to defeat Zarkon! We need to test the castle's alarms and decided to test it on you. I wonder which one failed?!" Allura said coldly and she glared at Lance. 

"Sorry, Princess. You got your sleep and I needed mine. If I knew that (Y/N) was in a towel, I would've come sooner," Lance laughed.

"I'm very uncomfortable right now," You admitted.

"Here take this," Keith said as he took his jacket off and handed it to you. You smiled and took it. You put it around your shoulders.

"As I was saying!" Allura screamed. "We are going to prepare the castle to leave Planet Arus. In the meantime, I need you Paladins, to learn to form Voltron,"

"Okay, everyone get to the Lions," Shiro said. "We need to start practicing,"

"And (Y/N), GET DRESSED!" Shiro and Allura said in unison. They were acting like Space Parents.