Chapter 21| Date Night

~A slight time skip from the last chapter because, why not~

You fought hard against sleep as your eyes began to slowly close. Your chin was rested on your palm as you dozed off at the dining table. Your arm slipped and you hit your face on the table. You yelled in pain and looked at the people staring at you with wide eyes.

"Are you alright, (Y/N)?" Keith asked as he ran up to you, in concern.

"I'm fine. I'm just tired and I feel asleep,"

"You should get some rest. It's been pretty hectic since the most recent events," Shiro told you.

"Yeah. It has been crazy lately," You said. It had been a day since Sendak and his Galra fleet attacked the castle. Pidge was able to take back the castle using his wits and skills. Lance had emerged from his coma and was healthy again.   

"You would've probably been Sendak's prisoner by now if it weren't for Pidge," Allura said.

"Well, you wouldn't have healed properly if (Y/N) didn't help you. And thanks to Hunk and Coran, they were able to get a new crystal," Pidge smiled.

"Wow! Thanks, everyone!" Lance yelled. "But Keith, it seems as if even the mice did more than you,"

"I punched Sendak!" Keith spat.

"Yeah! Right after I emerged from a coma and shot his arm off,"

"We had a bonding moment! I cradled you in my arms!"

"I don't remember it, therefore, it never happened,"

"Sorry buddy, I was there. It happened," You told Lance.

"Well then if you say so, it must be true," Lance said flirtatiously. 

"How come you will believe her and not me?!" Keith screamed.

"I'm sorry are you a trustworthy, beautiful girl?" Lance asked.

"No," Keith coldly replied.

"Well then, I don't believe what you're telling me," Lance snorted. 

"Ugh!"

"Anywho, where's Sendak? Is he still knocked out?" Lance asked.

"He is stored in a cryo-pod," You answered him.

"Is that a good idea?"

"I don't know. Is it a good idea?" You asked.

"Well, that's the only thing I could think of. We'll interrogate him about Zarkon when he awakes," Allura answered.

"What's the plan now?" Lance asked.

"We need to go back to the Balmera and save Shay and her people!" Hunk passionately yelled.

"Yes. Definitely," Allura answered.

"You are so hung up about this girl," Lance said.

"I don't think of her that way. After what you've seen the way Zarkon has treated these people, it really changes your perspective. We need to help these people. That's what it means to be a Paladin. We need to man up!" Hunk yelled.

You along with everyone else got up from the table and began to walk away. "Wait. Everyone wait. There is something I want all of you to know. It might change the way you all think of me but, just so that there are no secrets between us all, I can't man up. I'm a girl. Of course, I don't have to be a man to man up," Pidge said as she fidgeted with her glasses.

"Wait! YOU'RE A GIRL!" Lance bellowed. "HOW?!" 

"I've known for quite some time," Allura shared.