Chapter 28| Rescue Mission

You could cut the tension with a knife. Everyone was on edge. You could feel the pure distraught in the air. Allura had sacrificed herself in order to save Shiro. Coran was clearly unhappy with how things turned out. You couldn't really blame him. Shiro was practically walking on eggshells at this point. Everyone crowded together on the bridge of the ship, wondering what move could be made next.

"How is this possible?!" Coran yelled in a fury.

"Coran. I'm sorry. I wish things didn't end up this way. Now we need to focus on what to do next." Shiro answered with his head hung low. "Pidge runs some scans."

"I already did. Come here." She said, gesturing for us to come to her. "This is Zarkon's mothership," she said as she pulled up the diagram of the large Galran ship. 

"Look at the size of it!" Coran exclaimed.

"That's what she said." You whispered under your breath. Everyone turned to glare at you. "Sorry. Now's really not the time. I make jokes to relieve stress. I'm sorry. Please continue."

"I say we attack as soon as possible. We are wasting time that Zarkon is using to prepare for us." Pidge contributed. 

"We form Voltron, go in save Allura, fly out, and leave." Lance blurted out.

"It's going to be much harder than that. Remember the Balmera? We could barely take out one fleet." Hunk pointed out. 

"Maybe we shouldn't go at all. We would be handing over the universe's biggest weapon." Keith interjected. 

"Oooh. Honey, that's a little cold. Coldness isn't a good look for you." You said.

"You can't expect us to leave Allura!" Lance retorted. 

"I'm not saying I like the idea. I'm just thinking like a Paladin." Keith sniped.

"No. You're only thinking of yourself. You're just scared." Lance snapped back.

You could see the anger fuming in Keith's eyes. He was about to say something before you placed a hand on his shoulder to calm him down. "No. Here's what we're not gonna do. We're not gonna fight or bicker, because that's something that we really don't need right now. If you wanna say something negative to someone, then bite your tongue. I don't want to deal with any fighting right now. Right now, we're gonna figure out what to do next. Got it?" You yelled.

Everyone's face had gotten serious and afraid. "Damn, (Y/N). You're scary." Lance said from behind Hunk.

"You didn't answer me. Got it?" 

"Got it."

"We need to focus. How do we plan on getting Allura back?" Shiro asked. "We need to figure out how we are going to go unseen."

"I have an idea," Coran said. "We can wormhole directly to her."

"Gather around," Shiro said as he repeated what Coran had told him.

"I thought that only Allura could power the wormhole?" Pidge asked.

"Yes. But we should have enough of her essence to power it ourselves." Coran answered. "We can wormhole jump to one of the gas planets surrounding Zarkon's central command. The gas on that planet will be so dense that we will remain hidden."

"There we can scan for Allura before Zarkon finds us." Shiro continued. 

"We only have enough power to wormhole there. Without Allura, we can't wormhole out." Coran explained.

"We're not going to leave without her," Shiro stated. 

"(Y/N), I'll wormhole us there. Take over manoeuvring once we've arrived." Coran told you.