Chapter 18| Klaizap

The heat was the rising in your cheeks as you walked back to your room. Thoughts raced through your mind like a rushing river. You questioned your relationship with Keith and wondered what he was thinking. 

You ignored all of your thoughts and collapsed on your bed one you reached your room. Out of complete excitement, you shoved your face in your pillow and screamed. "Ahhhh! I had my first kiss!" You began to flail your feet around in the air. Your eyes began to close as you drifted off to sleep. 

The next morning, you woke up and stretched your arms. This was the first time that you actually woke up at a good time and in a good mood. You got up, got dressed and styled your hair into a loose braid.  You found Hunk in the hallway as you walked to breakfast.

The tall boy stood in his pyjamas and rubbed his tired eyes. You greeted him with a friendly smile. "Good morning Hunk! How are you?" You asked as you stood up on your tippy toes to pat his head. 

"I'm very good this morning. How about you? You're smiling a lot," 

"Me? Oh, I'm just a really happy person in the morning," You giggled.

"No, you're not. You threw a cup at Lance yesterday morning when he asked you to pass the goo at breakfast,"

"Really? Are you sure? I'm so positive and alive in the morning,"

"You screamed 'Don't mess with me, I got three hours of sleep'," Hunk said confusingly. "You're never this happy,"

"Nevermind that now. I'm starving. Let's get our goo on!"

"Alright!" Hunk said as the two of you raced to the dining area. 

Allura wanted everyone up and early at the same time. Everyone including yourself hated it. Pidge's face was buried in his arms. He got even less sleep than you usually do. Lance was asleep in his chair. Keith was playing around with a fork. Shiro was drinking some sort of Altean coffee. Allura was yelling at Lance to wake up. Coran was filling everyone's plates with the usual goo.

"Well, aren't you guys just a bunch of rays of sunshine," You joked. You took a seat in between Lance and Keith, waking Lance up. Lance flinched and threw his hands up in defence when you sat down. "Don't worry I'm not going to throw any cups at you," 

'Thank God," He smirked. 

You turned to face Keith who was smiling at you. 

"Hi," he said, a tad nervously.

"Hi," You said back, staring into his soft purple eyes.

"Hi," He said again, staring into your eyes.

"Hi," You said back again.

"What's with you two? Why are you looking at each other like that?" Lance questioned. 

The two of you shifted your gazes towards something else. The heat began to rise in your cheeks. You hid your flushed face in your hands. Keith's face wasn't as red as your's probably was but, he was grinning, ear to ear.

"I don't know what's going on between Keith and (Y/N) but, we have a busy day ahead of us. Allura is the castle ready to leave Planet Aris?"

"We are just about done. After we check things over, we should be able to leave," the Princess answered. 

That very moment, Coran entered the room carrying a tray with a silver container placed on top of it. He placed it on the table, to reveal a green plant with yellow slugs coming out of it. 

"Paladins, Princess, (Y/N)! I now present, your breakfast!" Coran said proudly.

 The smell was unbearable. "Coran! What is that?!" You yelled as you shoved your face in your sleeve to protect you from the smell. Everyone but Allura did the same thing.