37. Lovebirds

I threw the letter back onto the table and stared at it. Well that was... Interesting. It changed the atmosphere between me and Draco immediately.

"Well, what are you going to do now?" he asked, crossing his arms and leaning back in his chair.

This time I thought before saying anything.

"I won't answer him," I said finally. "Maybe it'll be better if he thinks I'm dead or something. Unavailable at least. And my parents won't find me anyways."

Draco raised his eyebrows. It was clear he hadn't expected me to respond like that.

"You won't answer him?" he said in surprise.

"I won't, because, as I've told you a billion times already, I do. Not. Care. About. Him," I replied through clenched teeth, closing the book I had been reading. I tore the letter in two and stood up, then I grabbed the book and began walking towards the door.

"Wait," he stood up right after me.

"Draco, I'm done with arguing over Blaise and things, seriously," I said, pretty annoyed by then. We were now standing on the opposite sides of the table.

"Me too."

"Oh, I was under another impression," I said sarcastically.

"Listen, it's just I'm not the type who shares things. What's mine is mine. Only mine."

"What is that supposed to mean? Nobody knows better than me that you don't share things."

"And I'm not the type to be affectionate..."

"So what on Earth made you kiss me?!" I finally shouted, interrupting him. "Why did you do that?!"

And this was the climax. I thought he'd tell me. I thought he'd tell me all he felt after my provocation.

We were standing opposite each other, the table between us, both breathing heavily. Draco was speechless and his mouth fell open. He didn't take his eyes off of me.

"I don't know," he finally said. "I don't know," he repeated quietly.

I was wrong.

"Then I don't know what made me kiss back, either," and I stormed out of the library.

I didn't manage to make three steps when I bumped into Bellatrix. Before any of us said anything, Draco exited the library as well. He was no less surprised to see her than me.

"Oh, there you are, lovebirds," she said, smirking.

None of us replied, frozen.

"Well, you should know that once the Dark Lord comes here, you'll surely be rewarded for recognising Harry Potter. But he's busy now, so you have to wait. What's up with your wrist?" she asked, indicating my bandage. I remembered that she hadn't even noticed it yesterday, being too busy celebrating.

"I broke it yesterday," I muttered in response.

She took my hand and examined it.

"Is this your wand arm?"

"Yes."

"Not good, not good," she shook her head, moving her own arm in a weird movement and causing me pain, even though the magical ointment worked as a mount.

"Ouch!" I gasped and she raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, have some guts, Aurora," she hissed and let go of my hand. "Draco, have that elf fix it as soon as possible, will you? She still has to practice," she said to him and turned away from us. She was about to leave, when she turned towards us once again.

"I don't plan to disturb you two today since she's useless with that wrist, but make sure to lock the door if I come anyways by any chance," and she walked away.

I put my hand on my face in embarrassment.

Draco walked up to me. He opened his mouth to speak, but I was first.

"I think we should avoid each other today," I told him and went to my room, leaving him dumbfounded.

I finally tried to read the book in peace (Dark Spells of the Dark Ages), but the results of the partly sleepless night started to get me and I don't know when I dozed off.

I woke up Merlin knows how much later. I wanted to go to the bathroom and do something about my hair and change, because I fell asleep in my normal robes. I was about to open the door when I heard voices from the corridor.

"She's the only person that's worth my time," I heard - definitely Draco - say.

"And I'm sure she will come back to school," came Narcissa's voice. "There is nothing to discuss. You'll finish your education properly."

"What for? He won't care if I finish this bloody school or not!"

"But I am your mother and I care about it! You will both come back to school, understood?"

I stepped back. What was that conversation about? Draco doesn't want to go back to school?

The real question is, will our school even exist and who will be the Headmaster...?

If Voldemort takes over everything before September, I wonder if somebody else than purebloods will be let in...

Well, I was planning to go back to school. And Draco'd better go back as well.